Pinoy Pet Finder
August 23, 2019, 09:37:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS A SCHNAUZER?  (Read 15389 times)
cHa

bryanThea

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 09:16:12 PM »

bookmarked the page! ayos!  thanks

"They have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." 
Roger Caras
Pinoy Pet Finder
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 09:16:12 PM »

MsBritmor

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 02:11:52 AM »

I don't think this is exactly the same, Marla. This apparently is an AKC "study guide" intended to assist judges (at least it was in the judges' newsletter).
http://www.akc.org/judges/guides/

Karen Brittan
Britmor Schnauzers
Minnesota, USA
amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 06:56:56 AM »

Yes, the dog should come around in time with the other family members, but is there a reason why you want this particular dog? Is this the ONLY Standard Schnauzer breeder in the Philippines? Why not wait for his/her next litter and get a younger dog that can still be worked with and whose potential can be truly explored and achieved. There is a saying that works well with dogs: "Act in haste; repent in leisure." Those lost early weeks/months can never be fully retrieved.

Addendum: You never really did say how much this dog was handled as a puppy. If he had that early socialization, he should probably be just fine. Many of us place older dogs once we retire them, and they become beloved family members in their new homes. Go and visit this place and see how the dog interacts with you. If he is shy or fearful, forget it. If he comes over to visit and is pleasant, then think about it. Just remember that a dog will be more comfortable on its own "turf" than it will be elsewhere, so you may not be seeing a totally accurate "visual" of the dog's temperament.

to update on this talk.. i did not adopt the SS though i still cant get over it..   crrrry

when i and the dog met, he smile at me with all his teeth OUT..  grin1 grin1 with a sound of.. grrrr....   crrrry
MsBritmor

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »

to update on this talk.. i did not adopt the SS though i still cant get over it..   crrrry

when i and the dog met, he smile at me with all his teeth OUT..  grin1 grin1 with a sound of.. grrrr....   crrrry

YIKES! Good, WISE, decision, friend! No one needs a dog like that. Either bad breeding or bad raising.... either way, such a pity to have produced/raised such a nasty dog.

Karen Brittan
Britmor Schnauzers
Minnesota, USA
amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »

YIKES! Good, WISE, decision, friend! No one needs a dog like that. Either bad breeding or bad raising.... either way, such a pity to have produced/raised such a nasty dog.

i think the dog lacks socializations, they only have encounter with human when bath and feeding time, since its only the kennel boys who attend them.. they spend most of their time in the cage, poor dog! such a lovely dog though..  crrrry
MsBritmor

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 02:06:30 AM »

Those people are idiots. No schnauzer (or any dog, for that matter) does well shut away from people. One can change a lot between 7-12 weeks, but after that, the door has shut, for the most part, and the dog is what it is. If you want a Standard Schnauzer (from these people) try to get it around eight weeks, take it everywhere, introduce it to as many different situations as you can, and work with it every day. I would be careful, however, as some of what you saw may very well be genetic... and made worse by lack of proper socialization.

Karen Brittan
Britmor Schnauzers
Minnesota, USA
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.