Pinoy Pet Finder
June 26, 2019, 04:32:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clicker Training  (Read 29725 times)
xtine
Meteor Member

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 02:31:23 AM »

from http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-clicker-train-a-dog-to-heel-212382/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-c3VDkiMxM&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/S-c3VDkiMxM&rel=0</a>

A few more articles about clicker-training dogs to heel:

http://www.clickerlessons.com/looseleash.htm
http://www.clickertrainusa.com/llw.htm
http://www.raisingspot.com/training/clicker_training_heel.php
http://www.clickertraining.com/node/541 (this seems like a slightly different approach from the first 3 links)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:38:01 AM by xtine » Logged

"Breeding means you enter your breed's gene pool and leave footprints for eternity. Take care that the footprints you leave are worthy of being followed." -Carol Sloan
Pinoy Pet Finder
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 02:31:23 AM »

balagtas

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 09:01:45 PM »

hmmmm...
a. ung isa diretso yung buntot at yung isa pabilog?
b. ung isa eh letter at yung isa number
c. ung isa facing right at ung isa facing left
d. none of the above
e. all of the above

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Ako'y naalilito, ang clicker ba at choker ay iisa?
goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 09:56:57 PM »

Ok guys, serious usap na...no the clicker and the choker are two different things.

The clicker makes a (you guessed it) clicking sound to mark the moment a dog performs a desired behavior so that the dog makes a faster association between the desired behavior and a treat/reward. The clicker I bought looks exactly like this (bought it at Dog City in Reposo but I saw the same thing in Hobbes and Landes in Boni High Street but a tad bit more expensive):

The choker is the metal chain used by traditional trainors to train a dog...

La coeur a ses raison que La Raison ne connait pas...-- Blaise Pascal
PERFECT TEN PUGS
Global Moderator

Hello I'm Dino

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »

Sorry bro   peace My bad kung bakit napag-usapan ang choker dito  peace
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:17:25 PM by PERFECT TEN PUGS » Logged

God is seldom early, but He is never late.

KOKO
Legend Member

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 11:26:27 PM »

Actually Koko, he dedicated few pages about Clicker Training in Mag Aso Ay D Biro , may I quote Mr Onayd :

5 FIRST basic things about clicker training (page 46)

Fun, clicker training is fun, does nt use force or any physical harm to your dog.  If your dog (and YOU) make a mistake just laugh it out- you are both having fun

I-want-to-learn attitude.  Our doubts about pure positive training may be answered as we open our minds and try it to see how it works

Reinforcement, anything your dog will work for.... use reinforcement to negotiate what yu want him to do

Shaping, the process of building a behavior from scratch, reinforcing small steps toward the ultimate desired performance

Timing make any reinforcement valuable in training.  A specific behavior is likely to recur if reinforced instantaneously

-Ay,missed this post.I remember nga,infact that book was my bible in clicker training my dog some four years ago.Tho in a summer Basic Obedience workshop in eastwood,I did not favor it as a method to be used coz it was done in a convergence.Clicker is something one should conduct with his dog isolated from the others who does the same exercises near each other.

daveabalos

Buddy is the Best

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 12:30:29 AM »

tingnan mo yun pic na post ko, yun ring dapat nasa ibaba ng leeg, at hindi nasa taas kungdi masasakala ang aso mo dahil hindi magrerelease yun.  Wink

i wat i've read and saw from videos of dog expert....ang leash pag mag train ka dapat nasa itaas because yan yung spot na hindi mka hila ang lab....when u will put the leash sa ibaba the dog will sense na you want him to pull on you...

try nyo lang... pero para sakin pag training ko kay Buddy ko in 13 days...excellent na sya... full attention kasi cya ehh....

and i don't agree with Clicker training...because not all the time we must communicate to our dog happily...there are times na pag hindi natin gusto ang cooperation niya ay dapat i taas rin naman boses natin para ma feel nila na hindi natin gusto ginagawa nila and to put emphasis sa ating gusto....sa clicker kasi pag dili mo gusto ay tatawa lang kayo? so meaning to say you are accepting his/her wrong doing or reaction..... na se sense kase yan ng dog ehh....

-Constant Correct Practice Makes One Perfect-
goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 11:23:51 AM »

Well, to each his own. There are dogs that don't respond well to negative training methods. I just created this thread for those interested to explore this particular method of training which focuses more on positive reinforcement.

Nigz
Jr.Champion Member

Haiiro!

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 11:04:16 PM »

i wat i've read and saw from videos of dog expert....ang leash pag mag train ka dapat nasa itaas because yan yung spot na hindi mka hila ang lab....when u will put the leash sa ibaba the dog will sense na you want him to pull on you...

try nyo lang... pero para sakin pag training ko kay Buddy ko in 13 days...excellent na sya... full attention kasi cya ehh....

and i don't agree with Clicker training...because not all the time we must communicate to our dog happily...there are times na pag hindi natin gusto ang cooperation niya ay dapat i taas rin naman boses natin para ma feel nila na hindi natin gusto ginagawa nila and to put emphasis sa ating gusto....sa clicker kasi pag dili mo gusto ay tatawa lang kayo? so meaning to say you are accepting his/her wrong doing or reaction..... na se sense kase yan ng dog ehh....

Hindi ka tatawa.... tatalikod ka... or say No or 'ah uh ah'.. ... anyway... "to each his own" nga..

thedogwalker
All-Star Member

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »

hindi mo kailangan sabihing hindi ka agree. dapat open ka sa ibat ibang method ng training. dahil iba iba ang ugali ng aso at hindi pwedeng iisang approach lang ang gagamitin mo. hindi po lahat ng aso labrador

too much talk lead to sin.
amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 11:30:28 PM »

hindi mo kailangan sabihing hindi ka agree. dapat open ka sa ibat ibang method ng training. dahil iba iba ang ugali ng aso at hindi pwedeng iisang approach lang ang gagamitin mo. hindi po lahat ng aso labrador

i think that was the point.. there are lots of ways to train, methods, process.. but we do forgot, iba iba ang dog natin, by the nature of their breed nalang, consider din ang intelligence ng dog and other behaviors.. to each is own..  therefore, which you find suit sa inyong dog yun ang best..

we can only suggest and try but we cannot always say na yung sa atin ang tama..  Wink
simikoyako

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 01:59:09 AM »

diba may time na nauso or may nagpapatunog ng takip ng gatorade (yung bote talaga..nde yung plastic bottle).. yung kapag pinush mo yung center part may nacre-create na clicking sound..baka pwede din gamitin yun as clicker.. scratch chaka diba ang idea lang din ng clicker training eh hango dun sa Operant Conditioning Theory ni BF Skinner.. if im not mistaken meron experiment na ginawa na ang subject eh dogs..that everytime papakainin yung dogs, he would ring a bell..so everytime na maririnig nung dog yung bell, he thinks na meron sya food/ treat.. woot
goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 11:28:02 AM »

diba may time na nauso or may nagpapatunog ng takip ng gatorade (yung bote talaga..nde yung plastic bottle).. yung kapag pinush mo yung center part may nacre-create na clicking sound..baka pwede din gamitin yun as clicker.. scratch chaka diba ang idea lang din ng clicker training eh hango dun sa Operant Conditioning Theory ni BF Skinner.. if im not mistaken meron experiment na ginawa na ang subject eh dogs..that everytime papakainin yung dogs, he would ring a bell..so everytime na maririnig nung dog yung bell, he thinks na meron sya food/ treat.. woot

That's Pavlov. He's the one who made the experiment on dogs and the bell. Because the dog has been so conditioned to receiving a treat everytime the bell rings, the dog starts salivating just hearing the bell because he already anticipates a treat coming.

Essence lang naman ng use of clickers is to mark precisely that point in the behavior which you want to reinforce (this is after you've already "charged" your clicker for the dog to immediately associate the click with a reward). It could be done with homemade clickers (like gatorade or sola caps) or a fancy clicker or even with your tongue or a well-timed "good boy". Timing is key. If you don't use a clicker/audio marker to mark the behavior minsan late ang reward and we're actually reinforcing the wrong behavior. For example we're teaching a dog to sit. The moment the dog's bottom touches the floor we should immediately mark that behavior with a click or a good boy and then reward after. If we don't mark that precise moment, like for example the dog is sitting and we fish around in our pocket for the treat first, by the time we give the treat to the dog he's already standing up or about to stand up, what we are reinforcing is not actually the sit, but the almost standing up. Hence, the confusion.

simikoyako

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 10:28:25 PM »

That's Pavlov. He's the one who made the experiment on dogs and the bell. Because the dog has been so conditioned to receiving a treat everytime the bell rings, the dog starts salivating just hearing the bell because he already anticipates a treat coming.

Essence lang naman ng use of clickers is to mark precisely that point in the behavior which you want to reinforce (this is after you've already "charged" your clicker for the dog to immediately associate the click with a reward). It could be done with homemade clickers (like gatorade or sola caps) or a fancy clicker or even with your tongue or a well-timed "good boy". Timing is key. If you don't use a clicker/audio marker to mark the behavior minsan late ang reward and we're actually reinforcing the wrong behavior. For example we're teaching a dog to sit. The moment the dog's bottom touches the floor we should immediately mark that behavior with a click or a good boy and then reward after. If we don't mark that precise moment, like for example the dog is sitting and we fish around in our pocket for the treat first, by the time we give the treat to the dog he's already standing up or about to stand up, what we are reinforcing is not actually the sit, but the almost standing up. Hence, the confusion.

ay kay pavlov ba yun? hehe...nakalimutan ko na kasi eh..hehe..basta ganun nga yun..heheh..
axelennon

Good master, good master!

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 09:03:59 PM »

I was scrounging for a reply bout where to get a clicker pero parang wla...where do u guys buy your clickers?I wanted to buy 1 pero la me mahanap..

tnx

"I love a dog. He does nothing for political reasons."
fourteenthvillain
New World Member

Apres moi, le deluge

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 04:02:48 PM »

Thanks to miss jen I was able to start with the clicker training. So far, 1 of the 2 dogs are responding well. Si rio is working on his first trick... chutney is with the click and treat stage pa din. Dagdag ko lang po, kasi kami sa tabing daan so mahirap medyo and maingay, so madaming distractions (madami pati cats)... siguro kaya nahihirapan si chutney... you can try to do the initial click and treat training sa kanilang mga crates, para di masyado makakatakbo takbo and sa inyo lang yung attention  Grin

Chutney I think is not food/treat driven. Kailangan ko madiscover kung ano yung makakakuha ng attention nya.

Also, I am in a bit of trouble... anyone could help me as to how I could progress to the second trick? Does it have to be completely wordless and walang hand signals?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.