Pinoy Pet Finder
August 23, 2019, 09:09:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canine Good Citizen  (Read 31924 times)
DogCrazy
Meteor Member

"Primum non nocerum"

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 10:43:54 PM »

I believe without a doubt that my dogs and i will flunk that exam with flying colors... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

shocks! better start re-training myself and both dogs na talaga!!!!

How do you know? You haven't tried it yet. They may surprise you and actually pass the test  Grin

THE GREATNESS OF A NATION AND ITS MORAL PROGRESS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE WAY ITS ANIMALS ARE TREATED - Mahatma Gandhi

"Character is so largely affected by associations, that we cannot afford to be indifferent as to who or what our friends are." - M Hurlburd
Pinoy Pet Finder
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 10:43:54 PM »

niqi
Global Moderator

i am stupendous!

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 12:17:03 AM »

the problem is the amo.. me! ROFL not the dogs.. Grin

Shamaro-Tachri
Ancient Member

Mrs Kang said - "What I say IS ALWAYS right"

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 04:54:58 PM »

the problem is the amo.. me! ROFL not the dogs.. Grin

...same here as well  Wink

ROFL ROFL

Well, we can now go to public places and show our certificate to the manager and DEMAND to be seated inside the resto with our dog.

Camera fades in a happy face of a young person.Smiling and cheery. Camera cuts to a happy smiling dog walking by the side of a person. Focuses on the leash on the neck.

Camera pans out and reveals the person on the door of a resto about to enter.

Cut.

Fade in:

Scene:

Guard: "Excuse me po, bawal po na may pet kayo sa loob."

Me: "Excuse me leklek mo! I have a certificate no! I am a certified canine goog citizen! Where is your manager?!"

Manager: "I'm sorry po madam, we didn't know that you have a (bling - bling) Canine Good Citezendship Certificate...please, enter, have a seat, the meal is on us....sorry ...."

Me: "I don't want na to eat here! You are all a bunch hooligans! I will tell my friends and my friends friends not to eat here anymore!"

Walks away....camera zooms out as Me walks away with a dog in tow by the side....camera pauses and zooms in the resto signage....Zolo Tapsilogan Sa Riles

Fade.

The End.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

One of her favorite methods of scaring humans is reaching within herself and pulling out her internal organs, and she has considerable talent for shapeshifting into various terrifying forms. She also has a talent for inducing nightmares in humans, by sticking her finger in their ear and tickling their brains while they sleep.
goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »

No certificate will get you admitted inside a public restaurant if its not within their policy to do so. Try the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf coffee shops, they allow dogs inside even without a certificate. Wink

But it will still be a source of pride for dog and dogowner if you do get the certificate. Much like winning conformation shows and getting that ribbon and trophy. It's just something you do with your dog and you're proud of it. It's an affirmation of the level of training and socialization your dog has achieved. Nothing more.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:01:10 PM by goldengirl » Logged

La coeur a ses raison que La Raison ne connait pas...-- Blaise Pascal
DogCrazy
Meteor Member

"Primum non nocerum"

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »

The "Canine Good Citizen" is a certification program that is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community. And this is a test you can take locally with your dog. I'll post details of the procedure when I get them.
Unfortunately, what we don't have is a HGC or "Human good citizen certificate". I've encountered quite a few people who don't seem to have good manners at home or in the community, which is quite disappointing. I think the HGC would be something worth testing for too.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:06:09 PM by DogCrazy » Logged

THE GREATNESS OF A NATION AND ITS MORAL PROGRESS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE WAY ITS ANIMALS ARE TREATED - Mahatma Gandhi

"Character is so largely affected by associations, that we cannot afford to be indifferent as to who or what our friends are." - M Hurlburd
Shamaro-Tachri
Ancient Member

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »

The "Canine Good Citizen" is a certification program that is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community. And this is a test you can take locally with your dog.
Unfortunately, what we don't have is a HGC or "Human good citizen certificate". I've encountered quite a few people who don't seem to have good manners at home or in the community. I think that would be something worth testing for too.

HGC - that would lead to a very very very ideal world. Free from war, famine, evil and suffering!

Yes, I think the certificate is maybe a good way of establishing another channel and promoting socialization the right way.

Its just sad that there will be resto who will not recoginze it.

But then again, we do have to respect those who do not like dogs as much as we do.

But who knows...maybe one of these days, there might be a law that will allow dog owners or a simple policy to do so...

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:11:32 PM by Shamaro-Tachri » Logged

One of her favorite methods of scaring humans is reaching within herself and pulling out her internal organs, and she has considerable talent for shapeshifting into various terrifying forms. She also has a talent for inducing nightmares in humans, by sticking her finger in their ear and tickling their brains while they sleep.
goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2010, 05:13:51 PM »

Yes, I think the certificate is maybe a good way of establishing another channel and promoting socialization the right way.

Its just sad that there will be resto who will not recoginze it.

But then again, we do have to respect those who do not like dogs as much as we do.

How about making that a campaign for an animal welfare organization like the AWC? How to get restaurants to allow dog owners with well-behaved dogs to get inside the restaurant. I'm sure you'll have the support of dogowners who are fond of eating out. Yun nga lang, what kaya will be the basis or standard for what is "well-behaved" to fall within the exception. Hmmm...this would be an interesting project...

Shamaro-Tachri
Ancient Member

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »

How about making that a campaign for an animal welfare organization like the AWC? How to get restaurants to allow dog owners with well-behaved dogs to get inside the restaurant. I'm sure you'll have the support of dogowners who are fond of eating out. Yun nga lang, what kaya will be the basis or standard for what is "well-behaved" to fall within the exception. Hmmm...this would be an interesting project...

Oh yes. It does sound like a very interesting topic to talk about and maybe work on. We can derive inspiration from the Dine with PAWS events -

Showing the public that eating with your dogs is :

1.Acceptable
2.Fun

And you can make new friends along the way. Share stories and tips.

Basis though - yes, thats a tough one.

But I am sure there are basis for the Canine Good Citezenship Certificate which is recognized in the US and maybe other countries.

In Europe, there are parameters I think that dog owners have to do and get for them to receive a "passport"

They even have to get insurance I think...LOL.

Wonder how that will work here in a counrty where pre need companies are mostly shutting down as well...*sigh*

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:23:22 PM by Shamaro-Tachri » Logged

goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »

Or maybe start with an establishment like Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. How they arrived at their policy to allow dogs inside their coffee shops. They don't ask for certificates. But ask and ye shall be granted...which is a great thing for dogowners who love to go out with their dogs. Now, at least, they know there's at least one coffee establishment where they don't need to sit out in the sun but can actually take their coffee/tea inside the cool air-conditioned shop with their dogs lying or sitting quietly at their feet.

DogCrazy
Meteor Member

"Primum non nocerum"

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »

Or maybe start with an establishment like Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. How they arrived at their policy to allow dogs inside their coffee shops. They don't ask for certificates. But ask and ye shall be granted...which is a great thing for dogowners who love to go out with their dogs. Now, at least, they know there's at least one coffee establishment where they don't need to sit out in the sun but can actually take their coffee/tea inside the cool air-conditioned shop with their dogs lying or sitting quietly at their feet.

Good idea!
But like I said the human has to have his "HGC" too in a way - the dog owner must also know proper dog owner ettiquette.

Shamaro-Tachri
Ancient Member

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »

I stressed out the last sentence - as I think this should also be stressed out. NOT ON THE TABLE. NOT ON THE CHAIR.

right?

But like I said the human has to have his "HGC" too in a way - the dog owner must also know proper dog owner ettiquette.

Yes. Cause I know someone who brought in a dog in an airconditioned area and the dog farted...as usual people started giving each other the "eye" because if truth be told, it was really odiferous and I, on a personal note thought that someone took a dump on their chair.

There were pastries and other yummy stuff that didn't look yummy anymore... :X

goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 05:58:05 PM »

I stressed out the last sentence - as I think this should also be stressed out. NOT ON THE TABLE. NOT ON THE CHAIR.

right?

Yes. Cause I know someone who brought in a dog in an airconditioned area and the dog farted...as usual people started giving each other the "eye" because if truth be told, it was really odiferous and I, on a personal note thought that someone took a dump on their chair.

There were pastries and other yummy stuff that didn't look yummy anymore... :X

Never on the table. On the chair? It depends. You could get away with putting a small breed on the chair because it might get trampled on when lying on the floor. As long as you're not feeding your dogs ON the table then it should be ok.

As for the smell? I thought you had an iron stomach? A little doggy fart made you lose your appetite? That must have been one strong fart.  grin1

I just heard someone tell me recently that having dogs had made her drop her standards substantially. She's no longer prissy with her furniture. She doesn't care anymore if she goes dogwalking in her ratty jeans and shirt -- she actually prefers that over getting muddy pawprints on her nice clothes. She doesn't primp her hair or fuss with makeup when she's with her overactive dog. A little doggy fart is nothing to her or her friends. If it isn't, then time to get new friends.  grin1

Of course, it's a different matter for other patrons. So, if your dog is prone to flatulence, it's probably not a good idea to bring your dogs indoor in a restaurant no matter their policy. Common courtesy lang...and use of better judgment.

But we digress...I believe the topic is Good Canine Citizen test.

Shamaro-Tachri
Ancient Member

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »

Never on the table. On the chair? It depends. You could get away with putting a small breed on the chair because it might get trampled on when lying on the floor. As long as you're not feeding your dogs ON the table then it should be ok.

As for the smell? I thought you had an iron stomach? A little doggy fart made you lose your appetite? That must have been one strong fart.  grin1

I just heard someone tell me recently that having dogs had made her drop her standards substantially. She's no longer prissy with her furniture. She doesn't care anymore if she goes dogwalking in her ratty jeans and shirt -- she actually prefers that over getting muddy pawprints on her nice clothes. She doesn't primp her hair or fuss with makeup when she's with her overactive dog. A little doggy fart is nothing to her or her friends. If it isn't, then time to get new friends.  grin1

Of course, it's a different matter for other patrons. So, if your dog is prone to flatulence, it's probably not a good idea to bring your dogs indoor in a restaurant no matter their policy. Common courtesy lang...and use of better judgment.

But we digress...I believe the topic is Good Canine Citizen test.

It isn't digressing I believe. It is part of the whole kaboodle of discussions that are connected to it...Canine Good Citizenship shouldn't just be of behavior, but also of sound health should maybe be part of it?

AND IF YOU READ BACK, it wasn't a little fart that could be ignored. AS I SAID it smelled.

It wasn't a little fart -  grin1

If I remember correctly, GCC was somewhat discussed in one Dogwalk summit a loooong time ago...

We as dog owners should remember that we are not the only patrons welcomed in the establishment. And we must respect that as well.

EVEN if we had a certificate.

Simply put, Jen. If the person beside you complained about your dog blocking her way(even if you didn't have the intention of blocking her) - and she's afraid , what do you do as common courtesy? You apologize and you move your dog.

You had the same experience in Baguio.Being barred entry even if you said that your dog is well trained etc etc. And I guess the policy then was different.

If we are to promote the Good Canine Citizenship, there should also be means and ways in promoting it and having other establishments, media and other folks know about it and understand it. Spread what it is all about so not only dog owners will understand it, but other people who do not own dogs.

Discussing things UNDER it is NOT DIGRESSING? In my opinion.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:00:43 PM by Shamaro-Tachri » Logged

goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 08:45:50 PM »

I think I DID say we should still use our better judgment EVEN IF the establishment would allow us with our dogs. Or wasn't that clear enough?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:36:14 PM by goldengirl » Logged

Shamaro-Tachri
Ancient Member

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 09:53:41 PM »

I think I DID say we should still use our better judgment EVEN IF the establishment would allow us with our dogs. Or wasn't that clear enough?

ITS is CLEARER NOW.

BUT it wasn't digressing in my opinion.  Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.