Pinoy Pet Finder
June 26, 2019, 01:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ano kaya...Pinoy Pet Finder endorsed Dog Breeders and Pet Shops?  (Read 12047 times)
samdy

« on: June 17, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »

whatyathink?

to help/protect new pet owners/buyers and at the same time to promote RPO (responsible pet ownership), RPB (responsible pet breeders) and RPS (responsible petshops).

mods and animal welfare people will go around and check out breeders and pet shops for accreditation. Set an standard for ideal norm/facility/protocol subject for annual inspection. just like in the states....a food establishment are inspected and graded...A, B and C. I believe, pet shops are also inspected for their facilities. I am not an expert on how they do the pet business in the states. But, I saw a kennel a/c delivery truck in a mall sa vegas with lots and different pooches inside.
Pinoy Pet Finder
« on: June 17, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »

niqi
Global Moderator

i am stupendous!

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »

Unfortunately as much as we would like to make this happen. The issue of budget would be a big question.

Unless you'd like to fund us.. whatdoyouthink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully our efforts in this site regarding RPO would be able to reach people who would gladly take it upon themselves to share their knowledge to others as well.

KOKO
Legend Member

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 12:35:29 AM »

whatyathink?

to help/protect new pet owners/buyers and at the same time to promote RPO (responsible pet ownership), RPB (responsible pet breeders) and RPS (responsible petshops).

mods and animal welfare people will go around and check out breeders and pet shops for accreditation. Set an standard for ideal norm/facility/protocol subject for annual inspection. just like in the states....a food establishment are inspected and graded...A, B and C. I believe, pet shops are also inspected for their facilities. I am not an expert on how they do the pet business in the states. But, I saw a kennel a/c delivery truck in a mall sa vegas with lots and different pooches inside.

-I dont see this as a good idea.PPF has no resources for that.Lets all leave this matter to the govt and animal welfare NGOs.

But of course,we have a freedom here to say good and bad reviews on any breeder and shops for as long as they are valid and true.

samdy

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »

-I dont see this as a good idea.PPF has no resources for that.Lets all leave this matter to the govt and animal welfare NGOs.

But of course,we have a freedom here to say good and bad reviews on any breeder and shops for as long as they are valid and true.

I guess, the govt and animal welfare NGO's should be more vigilant in advocating their cause  ayos! set rules and guideline....by starting muna at those who can afford it....like tiende or cartimar. pcci and ackupi can help by promoting stricter guidelines with all dog breeders or would be breeders. I saw one article before in a pet magazine about....dog breeding as a backyard business....where people get mixed ideas like quicker ROI than raising hogs etc.
goldenlover
Jr.Champion Member

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 03:39:12 PM »

madugong usapan i2  woot
suggestion ko n lng siguro is sa mga ngbabalak bumili, join n lng muna ng mga forums like d2 sa PPF, dont browse on just d ADS section but also other threads n my kinalaman sa doggies -by reading others' experiences, hopefully makakuha sila idea wut breed is ryt for them, ndi lng dahil gusto nila un breed but also bcoz swak sa lifestyle nila, living environment, finances, etc.  if my like sila bilhin sa ads, check dn nila other posts ng seller/breeder.  if in ur own judgment eh ok syo un breeder na un based on d posts (like u prolly share d same ideas or ndi man ngsshow eh bilib ka naman dhl parang part n ng family un dog kung ituring ng seller, etc), d next step i think is to contact that person and arrange for a visit.  we cant be really sure din kse if un mga snsabi nun tao sa forum is d same in reality, and also to check not only d pup's condition but d other dogs as well - appearance ng dogs, living situation/environment, etc.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."

- Edward Hoagland
KOKO
Legend Member

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »

I guess, the govt and animal welfare NGO's should be more vigilant in advocating their cause  ayos! set rules and guideline....by starting muna at those who can afford it....like tiende or cartimar. pcci and ackupi can help by promoting stricter guidelines with all dog breeders or would be breeders. I saw one article before in a pet magazine about....dog breeding as a backyard business....where people get mixed ideas like quicker ROI than raising hogs etc.

-Ideally,tama ka nga.But we dont have laws on "dog breeding" ethical practices.Yes,dogs like any other pets are nothing but commodities one could breed to sell and buy over the counter after being displayed in store windows.

This is were the big challenge comes in in the absence of a govt who doesn't care much on this issues.The NGOs can't do things on their own.The govt accredits them to police but as things go bad and has to be brought to court,the govt sector backs you up with no laws to defend your side.

I think then,since the business is a matter of supply and demand...then,we can only kill the supply by asking the "demand" not to patronise the supply.It can be as simple as that if we wish to do our share.

It is not an issue whether,petshop pets are of god quality,healthy and all.Its about our objective that we dont want pets to be sold in petshops coz it doesnt look humane for pets to be displayed and sold to people who we are not sure whether they make good homes or not.

samdy

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 03:45:06 AM »

*sigh* I dont think I belong to this forum. I always believe on....free enterprise, free will/mind and balance of life (too much or too little of anything will result to chaos).

Pet shops exist in every part of the world....esp in sophisticated countries. My point in starting this thread/suggestion is educate and enlighten pet shop owners to make their stock's living condition more humane, by setting up quality standards. Same goes with the breeders too. Nde ba...when you go sa breeders...all the dogs were cage too? They will take it out the cage to display sa buyer....but still, it spent most of its life inside a cage.

Lets just say....the selling presentation is much better in a breeder than a pet shop. Hindi ba...its still boils down to whether or not the buyer will pay or can afford the the breeder's asking price? secondary na lang yung....if you can provide a good home or not....realistically speaking, IMHO.

I know breeders who are not necessarily pet lovers or RPO's (who sells to pet stores or to people who live in the slums with their siberian huskies na nakatali sa poste ng meralco) who buys their bitch or dam from top breeders who do direct importation of their line. Did they sell their stock fixed (spay/neuter)? Did they ask if they can make good homes or not? More breeders nowadays are becoming petshop owners, does it mean....they lowered themselves?

My definition of RPO is....giving my pooch better living conditions which requires my TLC and my moolah. They are my companions but, they should learn their place in my life and to the society as whole. In regards to this statement,    " we dont want pets to be sold in petshops coz it doesnt look humane for pets to be displayed and sold to people who we are not sure whether they make good homes or not" ..... I wish I could express the same sentiments to homeless people who are being "displayed" in the streets and kids who begs in your car windows....they have a mind and body of their own and yet, they choose to be like that in their own free will. Kaya ba...some people prefers to be in jail....coz they have free board and lodging? which is the lesser evil....selling pets (by petshops or BYB's) or dog meat trade?

What's next?.....are we going to be told not to eat meat and we all join PETA?

The ways I understand KOKO's post is.... Petshop owners can not/will not/will never be RPO's  duuh something like...they are the most ignorant, selfish and insensitive kinds of business people around. They are worst than businessmen who scams people with their hard earned money who ran and left them with nothing.

I totally agree with goldenlover....this topic is sooo touche'. Pardon me for putting up this suggestion in the first place and for dreaming in my own LA LA Land.
amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 07:44:06 AM »

*sigh* I dont think I belong to this forum. I always believe on....free enterprise, free will/mind and balance of life (too much or too little of anything will result to chaos).

dont be..

i still believe a role of a devil's advocate in some discussions.. you keep everybody on their toes and english 101..  grin1
just dont be surprised of receiving sarcasm, angst and contradictions, it is suppose to be expected when you are playing the role of one..

and i dont think anyone here will judge you for such, it is just a healthy discussion, basta walang personalan..  Wink
we are looking forward to meet you samdy.. every last sunday of the month, we are at hobbes and landes at boni hi street..  Wink

para naman we have a common ground to talk about things kung dito puro kontrahan tayo hehe..
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:45:14 AM by amang » Logged
KOKO
Legend Member

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 03:34:17 AM »

ha ha ha...the exchange of ideas was so healthy until you spoil the fun in saying,"you don't belong to this forum."Mods and members alike are obviously just sharing their own point of views...which could obviously differ from one another...di ba?

Now,I wonder what made you start this topic?What was your objective ba?When you posted it,did you expect to get replies that fits to your expectations or line of thought or belief?di naman sana ganyan.

You're right.Animal welfare advocates may sound off as they sound.i was just stating a "prayer".I hope for a change...for the betterment of these animals.For me,I don't favor pets being sold in petshops...even if countries around the world are doing it.I dont even believe that my posted view in your thread would change the world...but at least,I've shared my own view just the way you share yours liberately.

I still hope that you really didnt mean what you said about NOT belonging in this site coz i thought you were...for the simple reason that you started a suggestion that could get everyone's consciousness on such issue.But with that attitude,baka you dont belong here nga coz,one has to be open for different opinions without being indifferent.

samdy

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 01:59:10 AM »

dont be..

i still believe a role of a devil's advocate in some discussions.. you keep everybody on their toes and english 101..  grin1 <---Sana, Your not the Grammar Police  peace coz I'm sure ang dami ko violations....but who cares! LOLz! dba?  ayos!

just dont be surprised of receiving sarcasm, angst and contradictions, it is suppose to be expected when you are playing the role of one..

and i dont think anyone here will judge you for such, it is just a healthy discussion, basta walang personalan..  Wink <---opkors! we're here to share opinions etc. kaya nga ako na-aliw dito eh...coz mas open and healthy ang balitaktakan
we are looking forward to meet you samdy.. every last sunday of the month, we are at hobbes and landes at boni hi street.. 

para naman we have a common ground to talk about things kung dito puro kontrahan tayo hehe..
samdy

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 02:32:23 AM »

ha ha ha...the exchange of ideas was so healthy until you spoil the fun in saying,"you don't belong to this forum."Mods and members alike are obviously just sharing their own point of views...which could obviously differ from one another...di ba?

Now,I wonder what made you start this topic?What was your objective ba?When you posted it,did you expect to get replies that fits to your expectations or line of thought or belief?di naman sana ganyan. My objective is to make the pet business a better place...for everyone. hobbyist, pet lovers, breeders and most esp to welfare advocates. I believe, there's a common ground and every one can co-exist peacefully if we set our minds and hearts on it. We are Filipinos, we're known for being flexible and adaptable. We can do much better where others failed even if we're known as a nation full of contradictions eeek Masaya pa ren sa Pinas  wub

You're right.Animal welfare advocates may sound off as they sound.i was just stating a "prayer".I hope for a change...for the betterment of these animals.For me,I don't favor pets being sold in petshops...even if countries around the world are doing it.I dont even believe that my posted view in your thread would change the world...but at least,I've shared my own view just the way you share yours liberately. Amen to that! Thanks for being a good sport  ayos! I am so with Perez Hilton on his views against PETA  grin1

I still hope that you really didnt mean what you said about NOT belonging in this site coz i thought you were...for the simple reason that you started a suggestion that could get everyone's consciousness on such issue.But with that attitude,baka you dont belong here nga coz,one has to be open for different opinions without being indifferent. Syempre! there are episodes in our life where we need some drama and telenovela to make things more interesting  ROFL just kidding! k?  peace

Bottoms Up to PPF  applause
shampood

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 12:23:12 AM »

how about asking the shops for some sponsorship?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.