Pinoy Pet Finder
June 26, 2019, 05:15:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 Symptoms you should NEVER ignore in your dogs  (Read 34409 times)
Tita Sue
Co-Admin

"QUI M'AIME AIME MON CHIEN"

« on: October 26, 2007, 04:43:04 PM »

something i received through e-mail. thought i should share.

Knowing when to get your dog to the veterinarian can save his or her life! There are serious symptoms that should never be ignored in your dog.

First, what is a symptom? A symptom is defined as "any problem that can indicate an underlying disease" and may be your first clue to the presence of a life-threatening problem in your pooch. Some of these symptoms are obvious, but others are not. If you don't know what they are you may not know if your dog is a little off or extremely ill.

Read our list of 21 symptoms that should never be ignored in your dog. The symptoms include:

1. Pacing and Restlessness
2. Unproductive retching
3. Collapse or Fainting
4. Not Eating or Loss of Appetite
5. Loosing Weight
6. Breathing Problems
7. Red Eye
8. Jaundice
9. Trouble Urinating
10. Urinating and Drinking Excessively
11. Fever
12. Seizure
13. Bleeding and Bruising
14. Coughing
15. Bloated or distended abdomen
16. Bloody Diarrhea
17. Bloody Urine
18. Bite Wounds
19. Bloody Vomit
20. Lethargy or Weakness
21. Pale Gums

Happy Easter!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:42:12 PM by goldengirl » Logged

Pinoy Pet Finder
« on: October 26, 2007, 04:43:04 PM »

superness
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 07:44:35 PM »

nice post blubelle  peace

this will be a great help to all dog owners.  Wink

To view our shih tzu, click Superness Shih Tzu
For your pet supplies needs, visit Petness and Beauty Online Pet Shop
For shih tzu articles, read Totally Shih Tzu Blog
Hanna
Administrator

ignorance is your new bestfriend :D

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 01:23:47 PM »

^yup to what ness said Grin thanks for sharing! let's make this thread sticky Wink

So we stand here now, and no one knows us at all
I won't get used to this, I won't get use
angge

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 03:03:44 AM »

thanks blubelle for sharing this info
Stungun
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »

A lof of people tend to ingnore some of the symptoms posted here including myself. Thanks for sharing Ate Susan. ayos!

Karma is just around the corner. :-)
Tita Sue
Co-Admin

"QUI M'AIME AIME MON CHIEN"

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:03:49 AM »

you're most welcome. I myself would have ignored some of them if i did not receive that mail.

aryz018

first time I saw shizune I fell inlove with her

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 06:37:59 AM »

cheer
 ayos!

thanks for sharing

If you want to be happy, be.
BRUNOS BOSS
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 12:06:31 AM »

Add ko lang tukayo

Something i picked up while surfing the net.

8 common signs of illness you should be able to recognize in your dog. Many signs are nonspecific and can be associated with several different diseases.

Each of them is significant and should prompt your concern.   

Let's to through each of them so you know what are potentially problem signs:

1. Lack of appetite - Anorexia is often one of the very first signs of illness in dogs. It can be difficult to determine if you feed your dog dry food only and keep the bowl full. For this reason, some veterinarians recommended feeding dogs a scheduled feeding at the same time every day so that you accurately assess their appetite.

2. Less active - Dogs that don't feel well are often less active. Many times this "less active" sign is mistaken for "getting older". If your dog is less active, the safest thing to do is have your vet check your dog out.

3. Weakness - Weakness can be displayed as either being "less active", having a lethargic appearance, or by displaying a loss of balance and coordination. All of these are potentially serious signs and should prompt immediate evaluation by your veterinarian.

4. Lethargy - Lethargy is a general lack of interest in the environment. It is a very common symptom and can be an early or late sign of illness depending on the severity.

5. Weight loss - Losing weight is another common sign of disease or illness. Sometimes it is difficult to notice weight loss, especially in longhaired dogs or dogs that you see every day and may not notice subtle changes. If your dog feels bonier, lighter, or you can easily feel the ribs, this could be a problem.

6. Increased water consumption - Drinking more is often associated with a few diseases including kidney disease and diabetes mellitus. If you notice your dog is showing these symptoms, see your veterinarian.

7. Not grooming - Dogs that don't feel well don't groom or you just notice a dull lusterless coat. If your dogs coat changes, have him or her evaluated by your veterinarian.

8. Bad breath - Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can result from dental disease as well as other metabolic disorders.

it is a good idea to have your dog examined periodically (a physical exam is a must).

I want, nobody, nobody but you..clap clap
rosearriane

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:42:33 PM »

thank you po,

peace

sobrang malaking maitutulong po nyan sa newbie, or kahit sa expert na... thank you thank you po  aaaaaaah  dance43  dothemove
lohannes
Jr.Champion Member

I am a Pacifist but not a coward.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »

Thanks...Very helpful talaga yan thanks

Yesterday is a gift, today is a present, tomorrow is
bogsy
Ultimate Champion Member

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 05:11:52 PM »

thank you po for sharing Cheesy

"There is a different kind of joy when raising dogs"
htt://imperialromanov.wordpress.com
Shamaro-Tachri
Ancient Member

Mrs Kang said - "What I say IS ALWAYS right"

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 08:58:10 PM »

This is a very informative post.

Sana lang a lot of new owners read this particular post. I would rather bring the dog to the vet than be sorry. I know that some vets can actually go expensive and all. I think we have an in house vet in this forum right can help out anyone here in trouble.

The problem is that sometimes there are things that can't be given a proper prognosis without some tests done such as blood test etc etc which can sometimes do cost money- but its sometimes better to have these done so your vet can determine or narrow done possible illness afflicting your dog/s.

We have two to three vets whom we call Ninang or Ninong who we confer with everytime we notice something different with the "kids". In the next coming days, we will be seeking their help and support as the arrival of the stork draws near.

With work and some activities lined up, I may need to activate our ninongs and ninangs. We are thankful for the help that we get from our Kuya Richard, but he maybe all too new for this and we don't want to "rattle"him when the time comes...

Anyways...great post once again.

One of her favorite methods of scaring humans is reaching within herself and pulling out her internal organs, and she has considerable talent for shapeshifting into various terrifying forms. She also has a talent for inducing nightmares in humans, by sticking her finger in their ear and tickling their brains while they sleep.
lurved
Jr.Champion Member

Don't judge the breed!

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 09:58:33 PM »

i have a question po.. kaxe while i was checking steven's coat, i saw red marks on his skin... should i be bothered po ba??

lurvethemchubbies.tumblr.com
ginggreen

bubba..

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 07:17:25 PM »

i have a question po.. kaxe while i was checking steven's coat, i saw red marks on his skin... should i be bothered po ba??

HI!YOU SHOULD SEE UR VET.  BAKA HOTSPOT YAN OR ALLERGY LANG. BUBBA HAD HOTSPOTS BEFORE AND WE USED SULFUR SOAP AND SOME TOPICAL CREAM AS OUR DOC REC.
Kyzhel

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »

thanks for sharing... Grin Grin Grin

Kyzhel Kennel & Pet Supplies
Http:kyzhel.multiply.com
Contact no. 09195713242
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.