Pinoy Pet Finder
October 22, 2014, 02:06:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Distemper - For all dog lovers please read  (Read 13226 times)
Pinoyvet

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 08:52:17 PM »

Distemper is indeed scary as hell!

I believe to a knowledgeable vet who is paranoid to the max will be able to determine distemper in a weeks time given he/she does a distemper test in time.

I noticed the young vets, are distemper prepared. Any signs of cough and these young guns gun will give you the list of possible culprits including distemper and parainfluenza so you know where you stand.

I don't know if this is a skill/knowledge deficiency or a money thing with vets... but knowing your doctor and trusting them is essential in the fight against viral disease. Our personal knowledge plays a great part as well... life and death actually. Pagnangaling kana sa killer disease whether you and your pups survives or not it is imprinted forever a paranoia that may end up saving another dogs life.

Hope Roo pulles though. God speed! Kaya nyo yan!
Beware of things that are too good to be true.

Dr. Napoleon George Gaspi
Veterinary Practitioner

Pets Vet Enterprise  Dr. Napoleon George Gaspi 38 Magiting St. Teachers Village Diliman Quezon
Pinoy Pet Finder
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 08:52:17 PM »

Pinoyvet

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 09:01:45 PM »

Vaccination of your puppies and dogs is the most important aspect of disease prevention.

Veterinary Practitioner

Vaccination of puppies and dogs is the most important aspect of disease prevention through to all breeders and pet owners.

Veterinary Practitioner

Pets Vet Enterprise  Dr. Napoleon George Gaspi 38 Magiting St. Teachers Village Diliman Quezon
Happywillows
Gladiator Member

Nobody shoots at Santa Claus.

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 09:12:05 PM »

Distemper is indeed scary as hell!...

Yes, eto iyong tinatawag nilang "peste".  Kasi para siyang silent killer - by the time na ma-diagnose mo, it's already too late, and is highly contagious.
tess1984

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 09:37:43 PM »

Vaccination of puppies and dogs is the most important aspect of disease prevention through to all breeders and pet owners.

Veterinary Practitioner

Pero even with vaccines dami talaga tinatamaan parin, you can never to be over cautious even if your dogs are healthy like bulls and vaccines are complete. There is so many things to consider, immunity, condition of the vaccine, timely vaccination, environment... it's like the domino effect... mamali ka lang isang beses lang... isang beses para magakaroon ng opening ang viral infection sa system and then... wham-bam! Thank you maam... distemper na... or parvo... or parainfluenza. duuh duuh duuh

God help us.

Luna the Siberian Husky strikes again! Be on the look out for this fast cunning culprit, lighting speed and master of disguise... will literally knock your socks off! And by knock I mean steal it from your feet!
Pinoyvet

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 09:43:41 PM »

Yes, eto iyong tinatawag nilang "peste".  Kasi para siyang silent killer - by the time na ma-diagnose mo, it's already too late, and is highly contagious.
Sure is ,your dog keeps on eating,off food for several days then back again,until the disese has progress.

Therefore complete vaccination against distemper is a must .

Veterinary Practitioner

amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 10:55:34 PM »

Sure is ,your dog keeps on eating,off food for several days then back again,until the disese has progress.

Therefore complete vaccination against distemper is a must .

Veterinary Practitioner

May i ask Dr. Napoleon George Gaspi..
what is for you, is THE COMPLETE VACCINATION FOR DISTEMPER?
2 vaccinations?
4 vaccinations?
with annual booster shots thereafter?

thanks
amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 10:59:31 PM »

did you not read my dog is fully vaccinated?

i say vets should never stop educating themselves. i did not say never stop w**ring themselves to get some publicity for their clinic. sa kabilang thread ka pa namumuro sa akin. kung sa kabilang forum binabastos ka at wala ng pumapansin sa iyo, wag ka dito magpapansin bumalik ka dun.

how dare you insult the memories of my dead dog by saying his story is too good to be true? i am even surprised na vet ka pala. my bet is still on to slap with his medical bills to prove that his agony and my misfortune are real. bastos!

Keep it cool cody..  Wink
cody

Cody--the Best Ever Dog in the Whole Wide Universe

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 02:10:30 PM »

nga pala before sa kung san pa mapunta to kumusta na pala si Roo? any updates on his health?
drewlets

My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. -Machida

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »

I hope Roo will recover. We had an experience like this last year. The first diagnosis was distemper and we were informed our dog would not survive. Kumuha kme ng 2nd opinion and pina blood test, negative naman daw sa distemper. Zach was confined for 3 days.. We never saw progress. Ayoko msyado isipin, 2009 was not a good year. The stink of it was, nsa province ako when Zach passed away and my girlfriend had to deal with the emotional stress alone. Sometimes, I still feel guilty that I wasn't there for the 2 of them. Don't lose hope, continue praying..

cheffy
Jr.Champion Member

great buddies now ... champs one day :)

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 05:05:08 PM »

we are praying for roo and the rest of the dogs who has distemper ..

i was in the same position as well a couple of weeks ago; 2 of my labs was diagnosed to have ehrlichia and distemper
the whole family was in shock and cant stop crying and feeling sorry for ash and aki ... since we have to isolate them..
the vet even suggested to put them to sleep .. i hold it off; thinking there's hope and and there's such cure ...
then all of a sudden, they were ok na after a couple of doses of doxcy and other supplements ..

to cut the story short i brought them again to another vet and what a relief they both tested negative ... they are well and good now; thank god the 1st test was false negative.

spice rack and portsmouth kennel will send healing thoughts to "ROO" my god work he's miracle my friend ..
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 05:06:54 PM by cheffy » Logged

cody

Cody--the Best Ever Dog in the Whole Wide Universe

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 11:35:29 PM »

it's kinda good na natest sila for distemper and you asked for a second opinion. ung sa akin kahit na diagnosis wala until too late na sinabi distemper. i still believe na distemper is easy to spot kung magaling yung vet. it bshit to say na mahirap siya madetect. even if the vet is not sure, the vet should say the POSSIBILITIES of what might cause the problems. alangang sabihin mong 100% na distemper na kung makakakita ka lang ng twitches and seizures.

i can still remember nung sinabi sa akin ng vet niya. walang cure sa distemper only anti-biotics parang hihintayin mo na lang na mamatay yung aso mo. kung maaga sanang sinabi na may possible cure ung Spinal Tap long before nagpakita ng neuro symptoms si Cody i'm definitely sure buhay pa siya ngayon. as long as hindi gumagalaw ung head niya or any seizures sabi niya may chance pa. the vet never or failed to even mention na when the forehead starts to move, the chances of death is huge. ako taman tong si gag* nagtiwala. all smiles and thinking positive that things would turn out right for my dog.

i think kailangan ng irevise ung curriculum ng veterinary medicine sa pilipinas. im not a vet pero what i have is a dead wonderful dog. that alone is more than enough reason to ask and demand for change the way veterinary practices is conducted here. sa argument lang sa dog food allergy nakakabobo pag kausap mo majority ng vets. dont feed chicken or fish dahil malansa. most top rated kibbles are chicken-based kaya. and the argument goes on and on then sabay dampot ng BeefPro dahil hindi daw nakakaallergy d tulad ng chicken na malansa. do you actually know what you are saying? magooffer ng treats tapos pag tinignan mo #1 sa ingridient soy, followed by more na bawal talaga sa dogs.
shikenasu

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 08:07:16 PM »

@ all

Roo is gone.. Thank you sa lahat ng nag pray kay Roo.  crrrry

After the long fight she finally gave up. Masyado ng kalat ang virus sa katawan nya. Kagaya ng kay Cody, nag chew din siya at uma-alulong sa iyak. Hindi ko kinayang makita siyang ganun. I make her sleep nalang para hinde na siya mag hirap.

Lesson learned:

1. Wag nyong pag katiwala ang inyong dog sa di kilalalng VET. Better ask 2nd opinion kung pwede hangang hinde pa huli ang lahat.

Based on my own Experience eto ang mga naging symptons ni Roo.

1st week:

1. Matamlay, ayaw tumakbo
2. Diarrhea - Yellowish na malansa mga 5 x a day
3. Dulling of eyes - Yung eyelid nya bumaba
4. Lost appetite

If one of this symptoms nakita nyo sa dog nyo. Better consult this VET, as far as I know sila lang ang nag gagamot ng DISTEMPER sa buong Pinas.

name: melanie m. pelayo  / Dr. Donato:
address of clinic: vets in practice animal hospital
63 maysilo circle corner boni avenue, plainview, mandaluyong city
Phone no: 09085027551

2nd week

1. Out of balance - parang lagi siyang natutumba parang lasing lang
2. Running nose at naglalaway ng sobra
3. Minor seizure - nag simula mag pikit-pikit yung mata nya pero inde ganun kadalas - sabi ng VET dust allergy daw! amf

3rd Week

- Yung seizure nya sa eyes dumalas (dito lang nalaman ng mga VET na may DISTEMPER siya)
- Leg, Neck and Jaw seizures
- hinde na makalakad
- chew seizure - critical point na to, kasabay ng dumi at suka ng dugo

Message para sa mga VET:

Para sa mga VET (no offense) na hindi familar sa sakit na to specially dito near Marikina, amf kayo! Puro pera nasa isip nyo! Better read and learn more, Linya nyo yan dapat alam nyo yan! Maraming makaka survive sa sakit na to kung 1st week palang diagnose nyo na! 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OI38KejwFIk&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/OI38KejwFIk&rel=0</a>

Sana makatulong tong thread na to para maiwasan ang DISTEMPER.

In memories of Roo

Born: December 23 2009
Died: April 17 2010

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:10:12 PM by shikenasu » Logged
fernalob

The simplest explanation is usually the best

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 08:22:32 PM »

rest in peace Roo..

condolense shikenasu, this is sad but you've given a significant message to everyone. thank you.

fourteenthvillain
New World Member

Apres moi, le deluge

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »

This is just so sad  ROFL I knew I shouldn't have clicked on the video  crrrry crrrry crrrry

tess1984

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 08:59:01 PM »

condolence...

I wanted so much for Roo to live.

Rest now Puppy. crrrry crrrry crrrry

Luna the Siberian Husky strikes again! Be on the look out for this fast cunning culprit, lighting speed and master of disguise... will literally knock your socks off! And by knock I mean steal it from your feet!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.