Pinoy Pet Finder
June 19, 2019, 08:20:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tear stains  (Read 9193 times)
jadeleon

Mc

« on: May 04, 2010, 02:13:24 PM »

Mga sir, tips naman regarding stains sa cheeks ng EB ko. I already used bearing shampoo, amitraz (blue), ACV on food and water, and also tried scrubbing it with cloth and soap.

Plus yung discharge niya from his eyes ay malabnaw compared to my other dogs. I was just wondering if there are aother reasons for this? I mean, will it pass or should i Give/do something aside from regular cleaning and wiping?

Patulong naman po!

Thanks!

The Golden rule. live by it!
Pinoy Pet Finder
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:13:24 PM »

wambadu

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 10:18:25 PM »

hello....try to deworm your EB....minsan kasi ang reason ng maraming muta ay kulang sa deworm.
jadeleon

Mc

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:27:06 PM »

hello....try to deworm your EB....minsan kasi ang reason ng maraming muta ay kulang sa deworm.

Kahit sir malabnaw ang discharge? Ok! akala ko kasi pag namumuo na ang muta tsaka lang kailangan ng deworm.

Thank you!!! let's see kung gagana =)

goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:55:28 PM »

How long was your dog on ACV? Baka naman you quit too early. It takes time for the ACV to have an effect on constant tearing.

Or, maybe you could have your dog physically checked why he's constantly tearing? Baka naman may entropion sya -- this is where the eyelashes grow inward causing irritation, and thus, tearing.

Or you can read more about tear stains here:

http://englishbulldogpuppys.net/BULLDOGTEARSTAINS.aspx

http://www.bhejei.com/tearsta.htm (although the article was written for the maltese, there are some tips you could try there too)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:02:11 PM by goldengirl » Logged

La coeur a ses raison que La Raison ne connait pas...-- Blaise Pascal
paul sr.
Jr.Champion Member

one world,one love

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 08:05:36 PM »

try using baking soda mixed with lemon juice.mix it till it turns to paste.and try to put some corn starch sa folds ng eb mo na lagi dinadaanan ng tears.i have an eb dina t white akita/pangit ang may mantsa.but still have him checked for any discrders din.  Wink
Beastmaster
Grand Champion Member

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 10:26:08 PM »

try using baking soda mixed with lemon juice.mix it till it turns to paste.and try to put some corn starch sa folds ng eb mo na lagi dinadaanan ng tears.i have an eb dina t white akita/pangit ang may mantsa.but still have him checked for any discrders din.  Wink

may nagtanong kung pwede daw ba calamansi instead na lemon...mahal daw kasi lemon.

tess1984

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:51:19 PM »

Tear stains are mostly from food allergies, corn most likely. a grain-free diet cures that right up. {my Luna had it when she was a baby from beef pro}

For temp solutions feed 'Tums' available in your local drug store will minimize staining [but cannot be used long term as anti-acids are bad for dogs] 1 tab daily.

If the staining or tearing is severe there might be a problem with the tear ducks of the dog and an operation may be required. If it's not grain allergies, it can also be, beef, chicken, or environmental like dust and pollution.

Good luck! Grin

Luna the Siberian Husky strikes again! Be on the look out for this fast cunning culprit, lighting speed and master of disguise... will literally knock your socks off! And by knock I mean steal it from your feet!
paul sr.
Jr.Champion Member

one world,one love

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 12:38:16 AM »

may nagtanong kung pwede daw ba calamansi instead na lemon...mahal daw kasi lemon.
pwede.hehehe
jadeleon

Mc

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »

Thanks for all the reply!!

Actually I already asked my vet about it and the only answer that I got was "baka dahil sa dust" =)

I used ACV for almost 2 months for him. Right now I just do constant cleaning, as in i wipe is with soapy water and rinse it everyday (or every chance that I have ) It's working naman so far and I also changed his food from Beef Pro to BARF. I think it is also working so far.

I also have a pit named LUNA!!! =)

One friends also suggested to apply illium (not sure of the name) sa eyes, i used it for a week and may effect din naman.

So far na lessen pero i'll continue to monitor it especially in relation to the change in diet (para long-term/preventive)

Thanks again!!!!!!

tess1984

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »

Thanks for all the reply!!

Actually I already asked my vet about it and the only answer that I got was "baka dahil sa dust" =)

I used ACV for almost 2 months for him. Right now I just do constant cleaning, as in i wipe is with soapy water and rinse it everyday (or every chance that I have ) It's working naman so far and I also changed his food from Beef Pro to BARF. I think it is also working so far.

I also have a pit named LUNA!!! =)

One friends also suggested to apply illium (not sure of the name) sa eyes, i used it for a week and may effect din naman.

So far na lessen pero i'll continue to monitor it especially in relation to the change in diet (para long-term/preventive)

Thanks again!!!!!!

Pareho pala pangalan ng anak natin grin1

For food change you can expect results from1 week to a month depending on severity, but expect alot of people who don't like BARF including your vet grin1

Personally I think a BARF diet is the best diet second would be cooked home meals and 3rd grain-free dog food. whatdoyouthink

So far think you got it covered, inform us of your progress in your tear stain removal case Grin

Luna the Siberian Husky strikes again! Be on the look out for this fast cunning culprit, lighting speed and master of disguise... will literally knock your socks off! And by knock I mean steal it from your feet!
jadeleon

Mc

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »

I know. But for me it more economical and nutritous for the dog. Yup, I will update you guys!!

1. De-worm
2. Baking soda& calamansi paste.

fourteenthvillain
New World Member

Apres moi, le deluge

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »

One breeder I know puts baby oil on the track where tears will flow. Para malalaglag lang siya, and hindi magstay ang magbabasa sa fur area... thus... walang magstain =P

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.