Pinoy Pet Finder
June 19, 2019, 08:39:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can semi longcoat chihuahuas join dogshows?  (Read 5754 times)
nephilim2051

« on: July 12, 2010, 12:30:52 AM »

Hi, I just got a 3 month old semi long coat (that's what the breeder said) chihuahua, I told the breeder na sasali ko sa dogshows, but now I can't find the standard regarding semi longcoats.  All I found are longcoats and smoothcoats.

Was planning to show her, nice short snout and applehead.  thanks
Pinoy Pet Finder
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:30:52 AM »

marvin4mhca

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 02:05:18 AM »

Hi, I just got a 3 month old semi long coat (that's what the breeder said) chihuahua, I told the breeder na sasali ko sa dogshows, but now I can't find the standard regarding semi longcoats.  All I found are longcoats and smoothcoats.

Was planning to show her, nice short snout and applehead.  thanks

chihuahua comes in two varieties, the smooths and the longcoats and there are no such thing as semi long, siguro kaya lang nila sinabi na semi kasi di ganun kahaba ang coat nila, but wala naman standard of length para pumasok and chi mo sa longcoats. As long as longcoat ang chi mo, di man ganung kahaba as you expected, sa longcoat pa rin ang category nya if ever na ishow mo sya. Ang mahalaga lang your chi should be within the standards of the breed to make him or her a contender.
normandy_z

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 05:37:46 PM »

3 month-old chih is still very young and there are still plenty of rooms for maturity.

I want to quote a speaker from last year's chihuahua seminar, "maturity continues up to 2 yrs".

Ibig sabihin, hanggat hindi pa 2-yo ang chih mo, madami pa physical developments ang mangyayari.

We hope your dog would grow his coat by that time. As of the moment, join your puppy in shows, manalo matalo ang importante your puppy learned how to be a show-dog, confident and socialized. applause

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.