Pinoy Pet Finder
August 23, 2019, 07:56:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPAY (female) and NEUTER (male) procedure  (Read 31238 times)
kahlua

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »

before hindi sila nag spay/neuter ng pure breeds? pero now pwede na...  i see!

Hehe! Up until your post, ang alam ko CARA didn't spay/neuter purebreeds. Baka now with their new facilities (ganda ng clinic nila, saw the pics online), they are able to accommodate both aspins and purebreds na. :-)

Pinoy Pet Finder
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »

tiana
Jr.Champion Member

=)

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 06:29:47 PM »

i've been calling PAWS to inquire kaso hirap makasingit sa line. always busy ung line  rant

kahlua

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »

i've been calling PAWS to inquire kaso hirap makasingit sa line. always busy ung line  rant

Ay, toxic ma-contact yung landline nila. Lalo na if it acts up, PLDT takes a long time to fix it. PM'ed you the # of the shelter admin.

tiana
Jr.Champion Member

=)

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »

Ay, toxic ma-contact yung landline nila. Lalo na if it acts up, PLDT takes a long time to fix it. PM'ed you the # of the shelter admin.

Thanks po ulit  wub ayos!

lipstick0001
Legend Member

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 07:52:45 PM »

A word of warning: I am aware of 3 vets here who will opt for a tubal ligation (as a spay) instead of an ovariohysterectomy. Thus, there is still the chance that your female will go into heat among other things. Please make sure that when your dog is spayed, her uterus and ovaries are removed. One of those 3 vets also gives the option to just give pills to stop the heat cycle.

A true spay is an ovariohysterectomy where the uterus and ovaries are removed.

Uy, can you PM me the contact info of the vet that does this. I have a friend that's looking for tubal ligation instead of removing the uterus & ovaries as a form of spaying.

thanks

Tas can I have the number of the shelter admin na din  Grin Grin

goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »

Uy, can you PM me the contact info of the vet that does this. I have a friend that's looking for tubal ligation instead of removing the uterus & ovaries as a form of spaying.

Why the preference for this method?  scratch

If the uterus is not removed, there is an increased risk for pyometra.

La coeur a ses raison que La Raison ne connait pas...-- Blaise Pascal
lipstick0001
Legend Member

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »

^^He gave me a link for differences, cons, benefits of both methods... personally after reading a paragraph or so, I got lost and stopped reading. I have to ask for the link again.

I think this was his preferred method of spaying for his dogs in the US and would want to have the same for his dogs that are here.

I asked my vet about it... and he does not perform tubal ligation as well. As he explained that the chances of infection and ending up doing the whole removal is probable to happen. He also suggested, as a joke, that he can pretend to do tubal ligation but in reality remove the uterus & ovaries.   ROFL ROFL
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:49:24 PM by lipstick0001 » Logged

kahlua

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 10:43:02 PM »

Um... no, I will never refer anyone to a vet who would do a tubal ligation instead of an ovariohysterectomy. My own trusted vets have told me that with dogs, one does not ligate. The right thing to do is to remove the uterus and ovaries as mentioned. Which makes sense because the purpose of the spay is to avoid pregnancy and heat cycles, eliminate hormones and avoid risks associated with an intact reproductive system.

I learned the hard way and many pesos spent. Idiot former vet (who shall not be named, because lucky her, I don't remember her name) only ligated my aspins (they were about 5 years old at the time) when I said I wanted them spayed. Many years later (after smartening up, learning online and transferring vets twice), my current trusted vet was doing a routine house call at home and he luckily noticed that one of my aspins had a discharge and when he ran blood work and an ultrasound at the clinic, it was positive for Pyometra. She was showing signs of false pregnancy as well with milk in her teats. And all along I thought I had avoided that dreaded disease because she was spayed. My aspin had to go through an emergency spay... she was 12 years old. Surgery was risky but necessary. She pulled through, but ended up with renal failure. Early this year I had to make the decision to put her to sleep as her body was no longer holding up.

This is why I am an advocate of spaying when one is not intending to breed for the betterment of the breed.

kahlua

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 10:56:04 PM »

Other informative SPAY links:

http://www.vetinfo.com/canine-spay-surgery.html
http://www.vetinfo.com/dog-spaying-explained.html
http://www.peteducation.com/category.cfm?c=2+1625
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2112&aid=926

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.