Pinoy Pet Finder
June 19, 2019, 04:17:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Spitz  (Read 54840 times)

« on: June 09, 2007, 06:39:31 PM »

This is the breed standard of the Japanese Spitz according to FCI. Smiley

JAPANESE SPITZ BREED STANDARD

FEDERATION CYNOLOGIQUE INTERNATIONALE

SECRETARIAT GENERAL: 13, Place Albert I — B 6530 THUIN (Belg.)

FCI-Standard N0 262 /16. 06. 1999 / GB

JAPANESE SPITZ

(Nihon Supittsu)

ORIGIN: Japan.

DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THE ORIGINAL VALID STANDARD: 1987.

UTILIZATION:     Companion dog.

CLASSiFiCATiON F.C.I.: Group 5 Spitz and primitive type. Section 5 Asian Spitz and related breeds. Without working trial.

BRIEF HISTORICAL SUMMARY : The origin of the Japanese Spitz is said to be the large-sized white German Spitz brought to Japan around 1920 via the continent of Siberia and northeast part of China. Around the year 1921 the breed was first exhibited at a dog show in Tokyo.

Subsequently, in 1925, two pairs of white Spitz were imported from Canada, and until around 1936, imports came from Canada, the U.S., Australia and China. Eventually their offspring were crossbred to produce a better breed. After the 2nd World War, the unified breed standard was established by the Japan Kennel Club in 1948 to be valid to the present.

GENERAL APPEARANCE : Covered with profuse pure white coat, with pointed muzzle, triangular pricked ears, and feathering tail over back. The constitution tough and the whole well balanced, its harmonious beauty causing spirit and dignity peculiar to this breed, and expressing elegance.

IMPORTANT PROPORTION : The ratio of height at withers to length of body is 10:11.

BEHAVIOR I TEMPERAMENT : Intelligent, cheerful, keen in sense. Noisy not permitted.

HEAD:   Size in balance to body, moderately broad and rounded.

CRANIAL REGION:

Skull : Forehead moderately developed. Rear part of skull broadest.

Stop : Defined.

FACIAL REGION:

Nose : Small, round and black.

Muzzle: Pointed, the tip slightly round, and well balanced. Lips tight and preferably black.

Jaws/Teeth : Teeth white and strong with scissor bite.

Eves : Moderately large, almond-shaped, set slightly oblique, dark in color. Black eyerims.

Ears : Set on high, small, triangular, pricked, facing forward, and not too far apart.

NECK Moderately long, muscles well developed.

BODY

Withers : High.

Back:  Straight and short.

Loins : Broad.

Chest: Wide and deep, ribs well sprung.

Belly:  Well tucked up.

TAIL : Set on high, moderately long, carried over back.

LIMBS

FOREQUARTERS : Shoulders well sloping, forearms straight, elbows tight.

HINDQUARTERS : Muscular, stifle and hock moderately bent.

FEET: Cat-feet. Pads thick, and desirably black as well as the nails.

GAIT/MOVEMENT : Quick and active.

COAT

HAIR : Outer coat straight and stand-off. Undercoat short, soft and dense. The foreface, ears, front of forearms and part below hocks are short haired, and the rest covered with abundant long coat, especially from neck to shoulders and forechest covered with beautiful frill, and the tail also has long profuse feathering.

COLOUR:  Pure white.

SIZE

Height at withers : Dogs 30-38 cm. Bitches slightly smaller than dogs.

FAULTS : Any departure from the foregoing points should be

considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be

regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree.

·   Overshot or undershot mouth.

·   Strongly curled tail.

·   Shyness; noisiness.

ELIMINATING FAULTS:

·   Drop ears.

·   Tail not carried on back.

N.B. : Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:35:12 AM by amang » Logged
Pinoy Pet Finder
« on: June 09, 2007, 06:39:31 PM »

Fairy

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 01:15:55 AM »

Hello! Roll Eyes Share ko lang po ang pet namin si Twinkle.., she's 2 years old.. Wink

Share nio din pix ng mga Japanese Spitz nio guys Wink Wink

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 02:03:56 AM »

Thanks Fairy! Twinkle is a cutie pie...she looks very content. Lucky girl Smiley
Fairy

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 04:04:20 AM »

Yea right! hehehe,, thanks ms. chubbycheek! Wink

mega_1071

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:19:36 PM »

hi, i want to share my baby sam pics! he's 1 1/2 yr old. Cheesy sobrang kulit! maharot pero malambing po.. Grin last nov 2005 my 7 yr. old female spitz named princess died of lepto. Embarrassed  Cry thank god SAM is with me now!  Wink

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 11:08:17 PM »

Your Spitz is so cute Grin In the pictures it looks like he is actually smiling for the camera Cheesy  So sorry to hear about your Princess, she was with you so long Sad  Im happy that Sam came into your life... Wink
Hanna
Administrator

ignorance is your new bestfriend :D

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 01:14:50 PM »

hello mega, sya din ba yan nasa avatar mo? ancute Smiley

tanong ko lang, magagalitin ba mga jap spitz? kasi naalala ko nun bata pa ako lagi kami hinahabol nun jap spitz ng kapitbahay namin lol or baka hindi lang well socialized yun jap spitz nila? kasi lagi nila tinatali.. parang bantay lang talaga sa gate, tapos pag hindi nakatali, ayun nanghahabol na =/ pero hindi pa naman ako nakakagat ng aso Grin

So we stand here now, and no one knows us at all
I won't get used to this, I won't get use
Fairy

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 12:17:46 AM »

tanong ko lang, magagalitin ba mga jap spitz? kasi naalala ko nun bata pa ako lagi kami hinahabol nun jap spitz ng kapitbahay namin lol or baka hindi lang well socialized yun jap spitz nila? kasi lagi nila tinatali.. parang bantay lang talaga sa gate, tapos pag hindi nakatali, ayun nanghahabol na =/ pero hindi pa naman ako nakakagat ng aso Grin

Hello hanna!, hindi naman siguro lahat ng japanese spitz magagalitin ehehe! Tongue baka hindi lang talaga socialized ang jap.spitz na un before.. or baka gusto lang makipag laro? they love to play! Grin.. si twinkle ko hindi naman xa magagalitin, unless may stranger na lumapit sa gate.. talagang tahol sila ng tahol Undecided pero ok na din un atleast naaalarma kami pag may tao Grin Grin.. do u have a jap.spitz ba? Smiley

Fairy

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 12:19:38 AM »

hi, i want to share my baby sam pics! he's 1 1/2 yr old. Cheesy sobrang kulit! maharot pero malambing po.. Grin last nov 2005 my 7 yr. old female spitz named princess died of lepto. Embarrassed  Cry thank god SAM is with me now!  Wink

<Quoted Image Removed>
<Quoted Image Removed>

<Quoted Image Removed>
<Quoted Image Removed>

Hello mega!! ur Jap.Spitz si so cute!! talagang nag popose sa camera hihi.. ano pinapakain mo sa kanya na dogfood? ganda ng fur  Kiss

mega_1071

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »

hello guys, thanks for the compliments Cheesy i feed sam beef pro pero mas madalas ang table foods. sam really likes boil liver, chicken meat. pag morning biscuits sya Grin

Fairy

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 07:19:32 PM »

hello guys, thanks for the compliments Cheesy i feed sam beef pro pero mas madalas ang table foods. sam really likes boil liver, chicken meat. pag morning biscuits sya Grin

same pala tayo, beef pro din pinapakain ko kay twinkle, sa umaga paborito nia pandesal Grin

mega_1071

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 08:47:27 PM »

hi ms hanna! nde po si sam ang nasa avatar.  Cheesy japanese spitzes barks a lot. nde naman sila magagalitin.  Grin galit sila sa mga strangers lalo sa mga collectors ng bills... Grin they very malambing at masunurin. sobrang harot at kulit lan katulad ng baby sam ko Grin

mega_1071

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 01:27:27 PM »

hello guys, i want to share latest pictures of SAM this morning Cheesy Grin

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 06:10:58 PM »

hello guys, i want to share latest pictures of SAM this morning Cheesy Grin

<Quoted Image Removed>

<Quoted Image Removed>

Hi mega,  Sam looks so happy in his pics, almost as if he is smiling. Smiley
alchemist

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 08:59:52 PM »

parang lagi syang nakapose for the picture   Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.