Pinoy Pet Finder
February 21, 2019, 07:32:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Snails (Pomacea Bridgesii) looking for new homes  (Read 24660 times)
Kitty

« on: October 05, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »

I have about 10-20 pomacea bridgesii aka apple snails of various sizes looking for new homes.  Only ivory color is available.  Normally, I classify and price according to size ("baby," "juvenile" and "adult") but the snails available right now do not have perfect shells, so I'm asking for a lower price at P25 each for any size (please indicate if you have a preference).  I will not identify the sex/gender of each snail. 

The shells may have calcification of the spires and uneven color due to changes in water conditions and/or diet, but are otherwise intact and new growth is healthy.  If you want to have prettier shells, I suggest asking for smaller snails so that new growth will cover the older shell.  It's impossible for me to inspect each and every snail I have in my tank, but I do my best to choose the nicest shells to rehome.

Please note that these snails need hard, alkaline water and calcium in their diet (e.g. vegetables, turtle food, etc.).  Unlike fish, they will not adapt to soft, acidic water, their shells will calcify and they will eventually die.  They cannot be housed with aggressive or nippy fish as even small ones can harass and stress them out.  A tank cover is a must as they will climb out and fall down (have lost snails this way).  They generally do not eat live plants. 

Tank load: 2.5 gallons per adult snail.  For more info about these snails, please visit:

http://applesnail.net/

If interested, please contact me at 0908-7115050 or littlefootsnails@gmail.com.  Can pick up/meet up near Banawe area in QC or Hobbies of Asia in Pasay (weekdays).  For other areas, please ask.  Also, please consider that it takes time and effort and stress on the snails to be packed, so kindly be sure before setting up a meet/pick up.  I only have one tank with a gazillion snails so please understand that I cannot set aside and reserve snails for anyone.

Sample photos of my snails before (not the actual snails that you will end up with):

Pinoy Pet Finder
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »

Bulk Dog Treats | Pig Ears | Rawhide Chips
Stungun
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »

wow very nice. do they eat algae?

Karma is just around the corner. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.