Pinoy Pet Finder
June 24, 2019, 08:14:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Agility with PCCI  (Read 60670 times)
DogCrazy
Meteor Member

"Primum non nocerum"

« on: December 07, 2011, 03:10:23 PM »

I was talking to a few people who have attended the "Owner-handler seminars" hosted by PCCI at the activity center on certain Saturdays.
I was told that PCCI now has agility equipment and handlers/trainers who can teach you agility at the center during those Saturday seminars. These are open to all PCCI members and registered dogs.
The next seminar is this Saturday (December 11) - you can check the PCCI website for details.
I saw a video of the last seminar and it looked like the people had fun  Grin
Nice to see PCCI taking steps to hold other competitions and offer titles and prizes for those events - it's about time  ayos!

THE GREATNESS OF A NATION AND ITS MORAL PROGRESS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE WAY ITS ANIMALS ARE TREATED - Mahatma Gandhi

"Character is so largely affected by associations, that we cannot afford to be indifferent as to who or what our friends are." - M Hurlburd
Pinoy Pet Finder
« on: December 07, 2011, 03:10:23 PM »

DogCrazy
Meteor Member

"Primum non nocerum"

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:12:01 PM »

I'll try to get more detail on that and post it here. It was my understanding that the cost of training is very minimal compared to other training facilities.

THE GREATNESS OF A NATION AND ITS MORAL PROGRESS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE WAY ITS ANIMALS ARE TREATED - Mahatma Gandhi

"Character is so largely affected by associations, that we cannot afford to be indifferent as to who or what our friends are." - M Hurlburd
DogCrazy
Meteor Member

"Primum non nocerum"

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »

According to the PCCI staffperson, this weekend's agility seminar speaker will be Mr Mandy Palicpic.
This is FREE for all PCCI members and registered dogs.  ayos!

juris159

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:51:42 AM »

I'll try to get more detail on that and post it here. It was my understanding that the cost of training is very minimal compared to other training facilities.
That's very nice of you, Doc tin. Sige, will wait for your post. Baka sakaling mapatalon ko na si Yinyang sa hurdles at sa gulong, hahaha!!! Thanks for posting.
bongkers
Jr.Champion Member

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »

Yang doesnt enjoy the hurdles?

Howard, you know me to be a very smart man. Don't you think that if I were wrong, I'd know it? -- Sheldon Cooper
Happywillows
Gladiator Member

Nobody shoots at Santa Claus.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »

Like! ayos!
shakydoo
Ultimate Champion Member

Calm assertive is the key...

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:16:10 PM »

this is something to see

SHAKYDOO KENNEL 9328953 / 09229227895
DogCrazy
Meteor Member

"Primum non nocerum"

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »

Owner-handling seminar: "Introduction to Agility"
Speakers/Trainers: Mr Mandy Palicpic and Mr Vernon Araneta
Date and Time: Saturday (December 11) at 2PM
Venue: PCCI activity center

This is FREE for all PCCI members and registered dogs.  ayos!

DogCrazy
Meteor Member

"Primum non nocerum"

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »

That's very nice of you, Doc tin. Sige, will wait for your post. Baka sakaling mapatalon ko na si Yinyang sa hurdles at sa gulong, hahaha!!! Thanks for posting.

Didn't you just finish an agility class?  scratch Hopefully after this one, your dog can finally jump the hurdles - and it won't cost you as much  Grin
Mr Palicpic and Mr Araneta have handled dogs and titled them in obedience and agility, so they can definitely help you.

Details are posted above. It's a free class for all members and registered dogs, held during the owner-handling seminars hosted by PCCI on specific Saturdays.
I was told that members can use the equipment on a regular day free of charge as long you inform PCCI ahead of time.
Feel free to call PCCI to get more detail: 7241325.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:40:11 PM by DogCrazy » Logged

schnuppi
Idol Member

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 06:40:34 PM »

super like! maybe those trainers can do something about Wilma's slow motion agility. I'm pretty sure we can learn a lot of techniques from them  Grin
zyclonenuz
All-Star Member

C'est la vie

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 07:25:10 PM »

super like! maybe those trainers can do something about Wilma's slow motion agility. I'm pretty sure we can learn a lot of techniques from them  Grin

^I was about to say the same thing.  Grin

^Kayo lang po nag try mag train kay Yinyang ?

“If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared” - Niccolo Machiavelli

juris159

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 09:28:24 PM »

LOL!!! My Yinyang is an Akita and she really has a stubborn nature. She just steps on the hurdles but she could do the weave polls and other obstacles. Matalino kc masyado...bakit nga naman siya tatalon eh kaya naman niyang hakbangan lang, di ba? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Seriously,  I really find dog agility training so much fun and one of the most effective bonding method for me and my fur babies. Saka if members can use the facilities for free, better.. (wala akong agility equipment sa bahay...try ko ngang ginagamit iyong aluminum stand na pang sampayan as hurdle kaya lang nag uulan ngayon kaya di kami makapaglaro sa likod bahay)

@ Doc Tin

Thanks for the info. Saka basic pa lang naman ang tinuro kailangan continuous training and I read na more than 6 months ang ilalaan mo para sa ganyang training.  

@zyclonenuz

We enrolled in dog agility class pero talagang dalagang Pinay ang alaga ko...hahahakbang lang sa hurdles, magbabagsakan pa iyong poles. Akala mo ramp model na nag cat walk lang, hahaha!!!  Hindi talaga pang agility ang Akita unlike Australian shepherd, border collies and jack russell terrier na talagang magaling sa agility. Pero sabi naman saken ng owner ni Dolcenea (akita agility champion sa US), constant training and use of different methods and motivations will do the trick. Wish ko lang....
juris159

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »

Yang doesnt enjoy the hurdles?

Ayaw niyang mag jump eh. Tabachingching siguro kaya mabigat ang katawan, ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pag pinapanood ko nga yong Australian Shepherd (Katie yata name) ni Doc Alan, ini-imagine ko na sina Yinyang at Cole iyon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:33:10 PM by juris159 » Logged
bongkers
Jr.Champion Member

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »

Lani, I think the problem with Yang is you have to raise her excitement level a notch... whether that translates to you exerting extra effort to shriek or coax her or find a treat that she would literally salivate for.  Otherwise, Yang might just see the whole exercise as a chore to get the treat and not a fun experience in itself.  I don't think it's that she's stubborn, i think it may be that her play drive hasn't been upped yet.

have you tried playing tag with your dog? That's what i do with Watson and so far his play drive is so high that he will literally chase me across enclosed areas (I haven't tried open fields ... baka mawala dog ko haha).  My problem with Watson in agility isn't that he doesn't know the obstacles or that he would hesitate to go through any of them... it's that he will want to go through them in the order he wants and not the order it has to be taken... it's all play with him eh.

Howard, you know me to be a very smart man. Don't you think that if I were wrong, I'd know it? -- Sheldon Cooper
juris159

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 12:33:49 AM »

Lani, I think the problem with Yang is you have to raise her excitement level a notch... whether that translates to you exerting extra effort to shriek or coax her or find a treat that she would literally salivate for.  Otherwise, Yang might just see the whole exercise as a chore to get the treat and not a fun experience in itself.  I don't think it's that she's stubborn, i think it may be that her play drive hasn't been upped yet.

have you tried playing tag with your dog? That's what i do with Watson and so far his play drive is so high that he will literally chase me across enclosed areas (I haven't tried open fields ... baka mawala dog ko haha).  My problem with Watson in agility isn't that he doesn't know the obstacles or that he would hesitate to go through any of them... it's that he will want to go through them in the order he wants and not the order it has to be taken... it's all play with him eh.

Naku bongkers,  si Yang pag nag hyper, gumigiba ang bahay ko, LOL! Naranasan ko ng makipaglaro ke Yang, me play bow pa siya pag gusto niyang makipaglaro sa akin.....dinadambahan ako, me patalon talon at kahol pa sa  sobrang excitement...di kinaya ng powers ko nang nabalya niya ako sa sobrang laki na niya (more than 70 lbs na siya). Siguro nasanay siya na pag medyo nag hyper na siya, pinapalabas ko siya ng house or ignore ko na lang siya and wait ko siyang nasa calm state na bago ko papasukin sa loob or pansinin ulit. Saka nabasa ko dati not to play tag with your dogs if you are not planning na gawin siyang pang personal protection. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.