Pinoy Pet Finder
April 23, 2014, 10:23:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do you Deworm your dogs?  (Read 5830 times)
Deydey
All-Star Member

The only thing that's constant is change.

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 09:03:56 PM »

I deworm my dogs every six months I keep forgetting the brand so everytime na pupunta ko sa pet store place dito sa Filmore I just look at eskaparate and point.
Pinoy Pet Finder
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 09:03:56 PM »

shiryu

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 10:27:47 PM »

hi guys, i wanna know if it's safe to deworm a pregnant bitch?

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 10:55:19 PM »

hi guys, i wanna know if it's safe to deworm a pregnant bitch?

This is a tricky question. You will get a different answer, depending on who you ask.  Many breeders, that I know personally practice deworming their bitch during pregnancy.  But there are also those who dont. 

If you are using tablets, there are some brands that indicated they are safe to use on a pregnant bitch...and there are some that say they are not.

If you ask most vets locally, they would say dont do it.

The ones who deworm during pregnancy, usually follow this schedule. Deworm before mating, deworm 10 days before whelping, and deworm 4 weeks after whelping.  If you are going to do it, I would recommend you use a worming tablet that clearly states on the instruction label, that it is ok to use during pregnancy...I would not use a dewormer that says dont use during pregnancy (they may have an ingredient inside that could hurt the pups).  Or I would go with a vet that can deworm the dog with a known safe dewormer during pregnancy.

Then again, this is at the discretion of the owner of the pregnant dog. It is after all your choice in the end. Wink 
angge

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 01:42:20 AM »

^how do u deworm your dogs on-heat?

if i will give deworming tab on the first day of her heat cycle when should i administer her 2nd deworming?

what's the best deworming tab for a lactating bitch?

thanks in advance!

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 02:07:48 AM »

Hi angge, you deworm your bitch during the first few days of her heat cycle...preferably within the first 5 days of her starting to bleed.

You do not give a mated bitch a second deworming, it may cause harm to the newly forming fetuses (if any).  There are dewormers that specify that you can deworm your bitch while pregnant...but not until the last 2 weeks before her whelping date...not in the middle of the pregnancy.

You can use your preferred choice of dewormer for your lactating bitch.  The puppies would already be born, so no affect would be on them from the dewormer you use on the mother. Wink
angge

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 02:32:33 AM »

^thanks, kasi vet dewormed the bitch on the 12th day of her heat cycle (smear tested), she already gave birth 2 weeks ago (1 pup) and i missed giving her the tab 2 weeks before whelp will this mean that i should give her deworming tab now, prazivet maybe?  and should i start again to give my bitch tab then another tab after 2 weeks?

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 02:41:18 AM »

^thanks, kasi vet dewormed the bitch on the 12th day of her heat cycle (smear tested), she already gave birth 2 weeks ago (1 pup) and i missed giving her the tab 2 weeks before whelp will this mean that i should give her deworming tab now, prazivet maybe?  and should i start again to give my bitch tab then another tab after 2 weeks?

I would suggest giving her a tab now because that is usually what is recommended at 2 week after whelping.  If your bitch is not showing any signs of worming, such as bloody stool, vomiting, and lack of appetitie, then I would NOT do a follow up deworming in another 2 weeks.  Just stick with the quarterly dewormimg schedule(3 months) from then on.

But if your pup is 2 weeks old, then this is the time for deworming.  A liquid dewormer would be used in this case.
angge

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 03:14:03 PM »

ok thanks il deworm her today Smiley

i already gave my pup troy worm ban the other day.  may i ask the correct ml to give the pup if for example her weight would be 700gm, should i give her 0.5ml or 0.7ml or 1ml confused

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 04:39:24 PM »

ok thanks il deworm her today Smiley

i already gave my pup troy worm ban the other day.  may i ask the correct ml to give the pup if for example her weight would be 700gm, should i give her 0.5ml or 0.7ml or 1ml confused

The correct computation of the Troy Wormban is per every 500grams of body weight = 0.5ml.  So if your pup is 700grams than the correct amount administered would be 0.7ml. Grin
angge

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 05:26:37 PM »

thanks very much!

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 05:36:30 PM »

Your  welcome
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.