Pinoy Pet Finder
November 24, 2014, 07:51:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Dewormer...  (Read 29386 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »

You are very welcome
Pinoy Pet Finder
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »

makoy

AlphaDogButchoY

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 06:34:23 PM »

are these dewormer (like prazivet, canex, Zipyran Plus, Troy Wormex) available sa mercury drug o sa vet lang tlaga??

man = love dog = devote  devotion is

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »

are these dewormer (like prazivet, canex, Zipyran Plus, Troy Wormex) available sa mercury drug o sa vet lang tlaga??

They are not available at Mercury Drug.  But you can find them at retailers like DogCity, Canine Depot, or any kennel supply and accessory store.
makoy

AlphaDogButchoY

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 06:56:06 PM »

thanks for your immediate response cc! ayos!

man = love dog = devote  devotion is

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »

You are welcome
Luke Ocampo
All-Star Member

Welcome to Pinoy Pet Finder!

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 12:31:23 AM »

Hi Makoy,

You can also buy that at any Animal House Branches Nationwide.

P.S.

Selected lang yata ang dewormers nila.  Wink

[/center
chezca

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 12:46:21 AM »

is proxantel okay?

just bought it kanina for 60 pesos, and cut it in half for my tzu... effective ba proxantel? thanks!!!  Grin Grin Grin

co-breeder of sir kendrick's kennel: home of ph.ch. chi mango of exemplar

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 01:16:03 AM »

is proxantel okay?

just bought it kanina for 60 pesos, and cut it in half for my tzu... effective ba proxantel? thanks!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Hi chezca, in all my experiences with different dewormer tablets...this has been one of the brands that has been ineffective for any breed of dog that I have tried to use it on.  When I say ineffective, I mean that the dog has to be dewormed more often, than every 3 months.  Even for the 2 week interval (if using this method for puppies) the worms seem to be immune to the dewormer. 
chezca

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 05:40:24 PM »

is proxantel okay?

Hi chezca, in all my experiences with different dewormer tablets...this has been one of the brands that has been ineffective for any breed of dog that I have tried to use it on.  When I say ineffective, I mean that the dog has to be dewormed more often, than every 3 months.  Even for the 2 week interval (if using this method for puppies) the worms seem to be immune to the dewormer. 

oh my.. i made the wrong move.. crrrry crrrry crrrry

kaya pala wlang lumabas ng worm or something on his poop.. actually parang walang nangyari sa kanya eh! ken told me (coz he's a breeder, assumingly he knows stuffs about this) na baka "clean" pa daw dog ko kaya walang worms na lumabas or something.

sige, next time i'll buy canex instead.. kaloka... aaaaaaah aaaaaaah aaaaaaah

since it didn't work, can i buy canex right now and let him take the med today? i think it's a bad idea noh!?  help help

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 06:11:29 PM »

No chezca, dont give him anymore dewormer right now.  The earliest you would want to deworm him again is in 2 weeks...the reason for this is because the first deworming kills the adults and some of the eggs, but there are eggs left behind that will hatch out in about 10 days.  So you deworm again by the 2 weeks so you kill those new worms that were missed by the first dosage. 

Here is a quote from the first page, to explain why you wont see the worms in your dog's stool.

I can answer you about the worms in the poop.  You will not see the worms in the poop, if they are hookworms, roundworms, or whipworms.  These are the most common worms found in dogs, and they are microscopic.  You would have to get the feces examined under a microscope to identify the eggs of these types of worms.

The worms that you will definetly see in your dogs poop, if they have them are tapeworms.  Tapeworms are usually found in cats that have eaten rats, rodents etc. that are infested with these worms.  Dogs normally contract tapeworms by ingesting fleas that carry the eggs of the worm inside them...so if a dog has a heavy flea infestation you can bet that they probably have tapeworms also. 
Tapeworms are white, and semi flat in appearance...and you may see them in the feces, or around the anus of the dog or cat.

The answer to how you will know that the dewormer is effective or not? You will know by the signs from your dog...he should cease to have bloody stool, diarrhea, and vomiting.  The dog should begin to maintain his current weight, and gain a little also.
You will know that the deworming was not effective if these symptoms continue, and your dog maintains a pot belly appearance(if its tapeworms), or he cant seem to gain weight.

I would advise that you do regular deworming of your dogs, or have their stool tested from time to time and deworm accordingly.  Also, if you have a dog that is showing signs of being heavily infected...then you should take them thru the entire deworming process as if they were a puppy. Meaning every 2 weeks for the first 4 weeks, then adjust to a 4 week schedule for at least 2x.

I hope this helps you and your dog ayos!
chezca

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 09:05:53 PM »

oh cool!!! will deworm my dog after 2 weeks then. Grin

he seems okay naman eh, i don't find any problems with him, though he's so slow sa pag-eat---when i bought him kasi kala mo wala nang tomorrow kung mag-eat! after like a week or so, malakas pa rin mag eat, nauubos pa rin niya yung food pero bumagal yung pace ng pag consume niya ng food. i give him raw food (raw ground beef, chicken, and sometimes egg).

what does this mean? he's mataba and everything, hyper and all, yun nga lang, bumagal yung pace ng pag-eat niya. minsan mag stop siya and i need to make subo his food para maubos. sabi nila nag-iinarte lang daw coz i spoiled him to much daw..  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

pocoyo

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 02:22:36 AM »

What a nice topic you have here!!
Hope you can give the store location where can we buy those dewormer.
Any rating for these brands:
1. Canex - what store & its location?
2. Prazivet - what store & its location?
3. Zipyran Plus - what store & its location?
4. Troy Wormex - what store & its location?
5. Popantel - what store & its location?
These will be a big help those ppl out there who need to deworm their doggies.
  ayos! cheer

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 03:12:31 AM »

Most of these dewormers you are asking about can be found at any Dog City branch:

Main branch: 1547 E. Rodriguez Ave. Quezon City: 727 9463/ 410 6400/ 410 6398

13 President's Ave. Sucat, Paranque City: 826 4530

50 Holy Spirit Drive, Don Antonio Heights  Commonwealth Ave. Quezon City (Near Ever Gotesco): 427 8523

1765 Nicanor Garcia St. (Reposo)  San Miguel Village, Makati City: 890 2712

Also at Greenlegs branch:  3 Ford Ave.  Dona Manuela Subd. Pamplona Las Pinas City: 871 8848/ 871 0165

I hope you guys find these useful ayos!
superness
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 01:32:21 PM »

I noticed na yung dewormer na gamit ko is against hookworms and roundworms lang. anong dewormer ang pwede against tapeworms?  Grin

To view our shih tzu, click Superness Shih Tzu
For your pet supplies needs, visit Petness and Beauty Online Pet Shop
For shih tzu articles, read Totally Shih Tzu Blog

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 03:53:41 PM »

The dewormers that I use take care of tapeworms also...they are Troy Wormex, Praziquantel (Troy), and Popantel dewormer.  These are allwormers, and tapeworms are included. Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.