Pinoy Pet Finder
April 20, 2014, 07:19:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Dewormer...  (Read 23641 times)
chezca

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »

The dewormers that I use take care of tapeworms also...they are Troy Wormex, Praziquantel (Troy), and Popantel dewormer.  These are allwormers, and tapeworms are included. Wink

how much po yan sa dog city po?!  Grin Grin Grin

thanks

co-breeder of sir kendrick's kennel: home of ph.ch. chi mango of exemplar
Pinoy Pet Finder
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »

At Dog City, they are 60-70 pesos per tablet. Wink
chezca

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 10:38:45 PM »

At Dog City, they are 60-70 pesos per tablet. Wink

thanks chubbycheeks! Grin just noticed, you're such a helpful person.. cheer cheer cheer  thanks again!

last question---what's better, canex or troy wormex? kasi 90php yung canex eh.. masmahal ng konti sa troy wormex (praziquantel) confused

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 10:48:41 PM »

Thanks chezca Embarrassed  In my opinion Troy Wormex wins over Canex any day.  I would not buy Canex, anymore...if I cant get Troy wormex, or Troy Praziquantel, then I go for Popantel.   Wink

chezca

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 12:47:03 AM »

Thanks chezca Embarrassed  In my opinion Troy Wormex wins over Canex any day.  I would not buy Canex, anymore...if I cant get Troy wormex, or Troy Praziquantel, then I go for Popantel.   Wink

ah really?!?!? sige, i'll try to buy this week... so among these three.. the best would be troy wormex!?  ROFL sorry po... kulit!  Embarrassed

...and naalala ko po about sa proxantel, you told me to give a 2-week follow up since it is not that much effective---sa troy wormex di na po kelangan ng follow up, right? Grin  thanks po!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 12:59:03 AM by chezca » Logged

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 01:12:39 AM »

Yes, in 2 weeks do a follow up deworming with Troy.  This is recommended for any brand of dewormer, because of the rehatching of the stragglers left behind.

The recommended deworming regimen is 2 wks old, 4 wks old, 8 wks old, then 12 wks old.  Then do a maintenance dose every 3 months.  This is also what you would want to do with a older dog who is worming badly, or a older dog that you may have bought from someone and are unsure of their deworming history.

So, if you do the dosage again in 2 weeks.  You dont have to do it anymore, unless the dog is still showing signs of worming.  If so, then wait 4 weeks later and dose again.  For some dogs, this is enough...but others seem to have problems being rid of worms.  You may notice they cant gain weight, or the have LBM constantly with blood in it(and the smell is horrific  yuk), they may vomit regularly or they will lose their appetite altogether.

If you encounter a dog like this, then you will have to spend a few months trying to rid them of their worms.  You would need to start them over as if they are a puppy.
chezca

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »

Yes, in 2 weeks do a follow up deworming with Troy.  This is recommended for any brand of dewormer, because of the rehatching of the stragglers left behind.

The recommended deworming regimen is 2 wks old, 4 wks old, 8 wks old, then 12 wks old.  Then do a maintenance dose every 3 months.  This is also what you would want to do with a older dog who is worming badly, or a older dog that you may have bought from someone and are unsure of their deworming history.

So, if you do the dosage again in 2 weeks.  You dont have to do it anymore, unless the dog is still showing signs of worming.  If so, then wait 4 weeks later and dose again.  For some dogs, this is enough...but others seem to have problems being rid of worms.  You may notice they cant gain weight, or the have LBM constantly with blood in it(and the smell is horrific  yuk), they may vomit regularly or they will lose their appetite altogether.

If you encounter a dog like this, then you will have to spend a few months trying to rid them of their worms.  You would need to start them over as if they are a puppy.

i see!!! Grin thanks soooooooo much, chubbycheeks! Grin YOU'RE THE GREATEST!!!! you're like the dog guru of pinoypetfinder!!!  cheer cheer

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2007, 02:59:16 AM »

i see!!! Grin thanks soooooooo much, chubbycheeks! Grin YOU'RE THE GREATEST!!!! you're like the dog guru of pinoypetfinder!!!  cheer cheer

You're  welcome thanks for the compliment cheer
amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2007, 09:46:15 AM »

OMG! Chubby Cheek you are a big help!
got to buy a troy wormex, my GR has tape worm, expelled alive and plenty! how disgusting!
just to make it clear, twice given in 4 weeks, then once on the next 4 weeks?
if the case like mine that is alarming, would this regimen enough? or should i double the dosage?
(she was matured already, 21 inches in height, not sure of the weight but definitely malnourished-hey, don't blame me she was only given by a irresponsible owner, i am so bothered! pls help)

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 07:17:34 PM »

OMG! Chubby Cheek you are a big help!
got to buy a troy wormex, my GR has tape worm, expelled alive and plenty! how disgusting!
just to make it clear, twice given in 4 weeks, then once on the next 4 weeks?
if the case like mine that is alarming, would this regimen enough? or should i double the dosage?
(she was matured already, 21 inches in height, not sure of the weight but definitely malnourished-hey, don't blame me she was only given by a irresponsible owner, i am so bothered! pls help)

Thanks amang Embarrassed  Good for you to open your heart to a animal in need ayos! You never double dose them, it could be very dangerous to your dogs health. To administer the dosage of deworming tablets per weight of the dog is VERY important.  Just weigh yourself on a ordinary scale, then pick up the dog and step on again...just subtract your weight from the final results...viola!

With an infestation like this, then you would have to do a deworming as if they are a puppy.  The first dose, then 2 weeks later, then 4 weeks later, then 4 weeks later again.  Mind you, that you may not make it to the 4 week intervals.  Sometimes when heavily infected, the dog will become sick again in 2 weeks time and you have to dose them again.

If so, then your schedule may look like this:  Initial dose...2 weeks later dose...2 weeks later dose...4 weeks later dose...then a final 4 weeks later dose.  Then from there start deworming him every 3 months or quarterly, till you are sure the worms are under control...or for the life of the dog.

Good luck Cool
angge

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2007, 12:43:48 AM »

nagpabili ako prazivet kanina, gosh, hook worms and tape worms lang pala kaya nya scratch

wala troy wormex in my area, how about proxantel, accdg to a vet i talked to today all-dewormer din daw confused

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2007, 01:14:05 AM »

nagpabili ako prazivet kanina, gosh, hook worms and tape worms lang pala kaya nya scratch

wala troy wormex in my area, how about proxantel, accdg to a vet i talked to today all-dewormer din daw confused

I would probably just use the proxantel if that was the only all wormer available in the area.  And yes the vet is correct, proxantel is an allwormer. Wink
Thunder Thighs

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »

I just tried Popantel yesterday.  Seems like there's much less discomfort as compared to Prazivet. 
jsgarden
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 04:13:06 PM »

How about Aristopet All Wormer Tablets? confused kc deworm ko ChiChi nung Aug 26, 2007. Yun bnigay ko. ok ba yun? nka sulat "controls all 11 gastrointestinal worms"? confused aristopet is from australia. wla kc cla binibenta na canex dun sa shop. help po. thanks
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:17:53 PM by jsgarden » Logged

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 04:56:24 PM »

How about Aristopet All Wormer Tablets? confused kc deworm ko ChiChi nung Aug 26, 2007. Yun bnigay ko. ok ba yun? nka sulat "controls all 11 gastrointestinal worms"? confused aristopet is from australia. wla kc cla binibenta na canex dun sa shop. help po. thanks

I use this brand to deworm my cats, Aristopet Worm Edna.  It works fine for them, but I never tried the version that is just for dogs only.  Hopefully it will be effective for ChiChi. Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.