Pinoy Pet Finder
August 23, 2019, 09:21:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pinoy Pet Finder is not related to and does not endorse any product or service being advertised.
Poll
Question: Do you bring your dog to the vet for dental cleaning?
Yes - 10 (15.4%)
No - 31 (47.7%)
Do I really have to? - 24 (36.9%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dental care and maintenance for our dogs  (Read 49421 times)
beigeten
Prehistoric Member

Professional FURyaya

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »

hi beige! oo nga we meet here again! Smiley pareho tayo takot din ako to have my dogs sedated! please let me know how your babies' teeth-cleaning experience goes!

i also have those doggy-toothbrushes that you can fit on your finger..the problem is, none of my dogs will come near me when I have them on!  ROFL

bwaahahah yeah right tin, i guess we'll be looking after each other's butts whos gonna be first then.... hahahah cge in case u go first, let us know din ha? LOL

my dogs are my bestfriends
Pinoy Pet Finder
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »

xtine
Meteor Member

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 10:25:58 PM »

Haha I don't think that service is available pa at my vet's clinic, pero pag meron na...baka maunahan nga kita!  bleeh

"Breeding means you enter your breed's gene pool and leave footprints for eternity. Take care that the footprints you leave are worthy of being followed." -Carol Sloan
niqi
Global Moderator

i am stupendous!

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 04:02:29 PM »

Sky's vet doesn't offer teeth cleaning... awwww....

GSA

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 12:39:59 AM »

I actually just use kiddie toothpaste and do not take my dogs to the vet for cleaning.  But I try to brush them myself weekly.
empylan
All-Star Member

Live and let live!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 12:48:27 PM »

I haven't even tried brushing the teeth of my dogs. I have to admit that I was a bit afraid to do so. But from what I gather, it is pretty important, to say the least, to do so. Thanks a lot. The information here is really helpful. Thanks again PPF.

ayos! ayos! ayos!

emkayel

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »

You may get doggy tooth brushes(?) and doggy toothpaste in your local vet or doggy store.

Please take note however that you cannot use HUMAN tooth paste as explained below:

"Do not use the fluoride toothpaste off the store shelves. If you read the toothpaste box, it warns consumers not to swallow it and to watch children under 6 years of age when brushing. This is because fluoride is a highly toxic substance that can poison you if too much is ingested. "

Taken from:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080124165342AAHfPjq

You can then opt to make your own doggy tooth paste.

How? Read on...cowboy...(yeeehaa)

Home made doggy toothpaste

Taken from:

http://www.dog-health-guide.org/caninetoothbrushing.html

"You can make toothpaste at home using one table-spoon baking soda with one teaspoon of water. Use potassium chloride instead of baking soda if you dog has a problem with salt.

Although paste is preferred, you can also try dipping a toothbrush in chicken or beef broth. "

Though you can also provide dry, premium dog food to also lessen the build up of plaque and tar-tar. Providing chew toys and bones can also prevent the build up.

Ikaw Guest...what do you do to maintain your dogs pearly white?

Pam? When and Where and next activity ng petone caravan?

sir Shamaro-Tachri, sori po for the late response,.,.hehehe,.,. Grin

actually po, i do brush my dog's teeth using a dog's toothbrush po wid kiddie toothpaste den after nun i used cotton wrapped around my fingers dipped wid water to wash the residue in my dog's mouth,. i also brushed and washed their gums,.

kpg my available kc n toothpaste s petshop un ang gngmit ko kc laging out of stock eh kya as an alternative i use kiddie toothpaste.,,.

applause
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:20:43 PM by emkayel » Logged

fourteenthvillain
New World Member

Apres moi, le deluge

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »

You may get doggy tooth brushes(?) and doggy toothpaste in your local vet or doggy store.

Please take note however that you cannot use HUMAN tooth paste as explained below:

"Do not use the fluoride toothpaste off the store shelves. If you read the toothpaste box, it warns consumers not to swallow it and to watch children under 6 years of age when brushing. This is because fluoride is a highly toxic substance that can poison you if too much is ingested. "

Taken from:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080124165342AAHfPjq

You can then opt to make your own doggy tooth paste.

How? Read on...cowboy...(yeeehaa)

Home made doggy toothpaste

Taken from:

http://www.dog-health-guide.org/caninetoothbrushing.html

"You can make toothpaste at home using one table-spoon baking soda with one teaspoon of water. Use potassium chloride instead of baking soda if you dog has a problem with salt.

Although paste is preferred, you can also try dipping a toothbrush in chicken or beef broth. "

Though you can also provide dry, premium dog food to also lessen the build up of plaque and tar-tar. Providing chew toys and bones can also prevent the build up.

Ikaw Guest...what do you do to maintain your dogs pearly white?

Pam? When and Where and next activity ng petone caravan?

I am guilty of using human toothpaste on rio. thanks to this thread and i promise not to do it again. I also use those cookies that say it promotes dental health. Then meron yung parang string na color brown that you can cut then give to your doggies. effective naman sa pagfreshen ng breath

Fox_River
Modern Age Member

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 08:25:39 AM »

I'm using doggy brush and paste for my lab...yung C.E.T. ata ung brand ng paste ko, poultry flavor...

Jay-R Teodoro and Karen Bondoc
Knightlord Labradors
http://knightlordlabs.multiply.com
amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 09:18:51 AM »

have you heared about yung enzymic toothpaste? (tama ba spell?)  grin1
Fox_River
Modern Age Member

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »

sorry poh, i haven't heard of it..hehehe

Jay-R Teodoro and Karen Bondoc
Knightlord Labradors
http://knightlordlabs.multiply.com
kryselle
Grand Champion Member

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet..

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »

there's a toothpaste for infants/toddlers that i've used before..
the label says that it doesn't have flouride so it's safe for pups.
nakalimutan ko lang kung anong pangalan nya.
gustong gusto ni ginger yun kasi it comes in fruit flavors, tapos ang gamit ko sa kanyang toothbrush eh yung for infants din na nilalagay sa fingers.
it's so much cheaper.  Grin

goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 04:50:59 PM »

have you heared about yung enzymic toothpaste? (tama ba spell?)  grin1

It's ENZYMATIC toothpaste...the brand I use is C.E.T. by Virbac. It's really effective. It contains enzymes kasi to dissolve stains specifically on dog's teeth.  applause

La coeur a ses raison que La Raison ne connait pas...-- Blaise Pascal
amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »

It's ENZYMATIC toothpaste...the brand I use is C.E.T. by Virbac. It's really effective. It contains enzymes kasi to dissolve stains specifically on dog's teeth.  applause

sabi ko nga e, haahha thanks jen, san available? diba ang virbac parang sa vet lang yan nag supply ng products?
goldengirl
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »

sabi ko nga e, haahha thanks jen, san available? diba ang virbac parang sa vet lang yan nag supply ng products?

No, its available everywhere. I got mine sa Dog City pero I see it all the time sa Tiende, Hobbies of Asia, etc. basta anywhere pet supplies are sold. They have 2 variants -- Poultry Flavor and Vanilla Mint. You can buy it with or without the toothbrush.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:42:34 PM by goldengirl » Logged

La coeur a ses raison que La Raison ne connait pas...-- Blaise Pascal
amang
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 04:58:41 PM »

you think its too late to use it to blake? or pagka clean nalang ng teeth nya saka ito gamitin?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Pinoy Pet Finder is NOT related to and does NOT endorse any product or service being advertised.

Pinoy Pet Finder will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur resulting from personal dealings in the forum..
We do not guarantee the credibility and integrity of any member in any way. Transact at your own risk.